• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Fielder

jaspalsinghrana

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Originally posted by full_length
There is a contigent that won't give England credit for anything - just don't rise to it.
I hope you're not putting me on that list. I try so hard to find something good about the England team; sometimes I even find it :lol:
Can you tell us what it is then if you find it as I'm dying to know! [/quote]

Much as I try to wish it away I find that England can fight it out on the cricket ground :D

And then there's Tres.

Also, if there are so many injuries (shoot your physio... hope he's not on cricketweb!) England are now finally finding young players, and finding some potentially good cricketers.

They better be commming up with young cricketers, their seniors are more of "Hospitalised cricketers", than anything else, they spent more time in hospital than on cricket field.

Trescothick is a class player and England have a couple of quality players too,though i feel bad that a class player like Tres is playing for a team like England
:frog:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Tres is a Somerset lad and he couldn't be anything else, its taken a long time for him to realise his potential and I doubt he would claim England are a crap team, it would be nice to have a positive skipper and a spinner who doesn't bore the living ****e outta you though.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Originally posted by full_length
I hope you're not putting me on that list. I try so hard to find something good about the England team; sometimes I even find it :lol:
Would I F_L... You know who I mean ;)

The Hussain catch v SL was incredible... all the more funny for the fact that the vast majority of our school group was looking at the free chicken being passed round at the time, therefore missing it :D
Yeah I do. Just attempting to provoke you :D

This reminds me of Hussain's catch of Ranatunga in the World Cup '99.
That was a good catch too. It's importance will never be known as Ranatunga and Kalu were putting together a last fightback and may well have pulled one out of the hat- that was one mistake Arjuna made and Hussain made none.
But he was selected as a replacement in that tournament (??) and ended up captaining the side immediately after it!!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For some reason he was not thought of as a one day player (until becoming captain) - and IMO his record isn't that bad in ODI's (considering the slating he seems to get for slow scoring)

Strangely that has also happened to Butcher.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I don't think he'd be in the One-Day side if he wasn't captain. His figures aren't too bad, but he takes a very long time to play himself in and can sometimes take the momentum out of an innings.

And he can also play like he's completely off his head. India. Champions Trophy.