• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best of The Best

archie mac

International Coach
We are going to start selecting a CW 11 each week, which will be announced each Sunday. (or maybe Monday depending on how I feel). :huh:

If anyone would NOT like to be considered for the team, tough luck:@

Just kidding, please just let me know and you will NOT be considered. I know Marc does not like to take part in things like this. :)

I am hoping to pass the job of selecting the team off to someone else. The person must be a regular poster or more importantly someone who reads a lot/most of the threads. If you think you are that person(s) please post your reasons on this thread, or ask James for my contact details if you are shy. :shy:

Are there any ideas of what we should use as a selection criteria? Quality of posts is an obvious one, any thing else we should take into account?

I am looking for ideas of how we should select batsman, bowlers and of cause the WK and captain.:ph34r:

To start with I do not think we will consider the OT forum as I don’t understand most of what they are talking/laughing about. :laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
archie mac said:
To start with I do not think we will consider the OT forum as I don’t understand most of what they are talking/laughing about. :laugh:
The true threat is whether or not one of these people decide, peak of anger, try to hold us hostage, ourselves. The Israelis, for example, to whom we'll defend, offer our defenses. The South Koreans* :laugh::laugh:

*actual George Bush speech

archie mac

International Coach
andyc said:
The true threat is whether or not one of these people decide, peak of anger, try to hold us hostage, ourselves. The Israelis, for example, to whom we'll defend, offer our defenses. The South Koreans* :laugh::laugh:

*actual George Bush speech
He also said:

'the problem with the French is that they have no word for entrepreneur'

Tom Halsey

International Coach
archie mac said:
I am hoping to pass the job of selecting the team off to someone else. The person must be a regular poster or more importantly someone who reads a lot/most of the threads. If you think you are that person(s) please post your reasons on this thread, or ask James for my contact details if you are shy. :shy:
I'm thinking a mod would be best for this, as they have to read each thread.

Unless that is James doesn't want staff involved...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If something's a continuous thread don't bank on me visiting it.
Whether I need to visit to be "selected" I don't know.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
No fair!!!:-O :cry:

archie mac

International Coach
Richard said:
If something's a continuous thread don't bank on me visiting it.
Whether I need to visit to be "selected" I don't know.
No, it will be just on that weeks performance. Quality over quanity will be a big factor, but if someone posts just two posts for the week, I don't think that would be enough.

archie mac

International Coach
Tom Halsey said:
I'm thinking a mod would be best for this, as they have to read each thread.

Unless that is James doesn't want staff involved...
I have suggested that, but no takers :ph34r:

archie mac

International Coach
These are the awards you will be competing for, and yes a person can win more than one award. The judges will be marc71178 and myself. Awards will start Sunday the 12th of March. so start posting.

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing.

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial.

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious.

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies?

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows.

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he knew twice as much as Richie.

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Any awards thingy is not complete without the "Ajit Almighty Agarkar" award. In fact, the AAAS should be the judges of it. We will award the guy who does the best post on The Great One. Marc can have the casting vote,as he is the President.

archie mac

International Coach
Due to popular demand (well two people:) ) we have added another award:

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)

just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any
other award, but at least we remember them.:ph34r:

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
archie mac said:
7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie.
If Richard doesn't win this every week I will eat my hat. Not that I agree with all of his ideas, its just that he posts about 50% of the posts on CC.