• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the 1972 World XI team

Francis

State Vice-Captain
Does anybody know who was in the 1972 World XI team that toured Australia. I was hearing about Sobers making a huge double-hundred when it mattered in a second innings and it sparked my curiosity. Who, in 1972, made that team?

The ones I know made the team were:

Sunil Gavaskar
Graeme Pollock
Sir Garfield Sobers
Tony Grieg
Peter Pollock
Bishan Bedi

I think there were a few Pakistini (did I get that right?) players... but yeah I wanna know who selecters thought were the cream of the crop.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Hylton Ackerman (RSA), Asif Masood (Pak), Bishan Bedi (Ind), Bob Cunis (NZ), Farokh Engineer (Ind), Sunil Gavaskar (Ind), Norman Gifford (Eng), Tony Grieg (Eng), Richard Hutton (Eng), Intikhab Alam (Pak), Rohan Kanhai (WI), Clive Lloyd (WI), Graeme Pollock (RSA), Peter Pollock (RSA), Garry Sobers (capt, WI), Bob Taylor (Eng), Zaheer Abbas (Pak).

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/220550.html

-That's explains why they where touring in the first place and the fact that a lot of the best players already had stuff on and so couldn't tour.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/221278.html

That's sobers' best knock during the series.

danish

U19 12th Man
Francis said:
Does anybody know who was in the 1972 World XI team that toured Australia. I was hearing about Sobers making a huge double-hundred when it mattered in a second innings and it sparked my curiosity. Who, in 1972, made that team?

The ones I know made the team were:

Sunil Gavaskar
Graeme Pollock
Sir Garfield Sobers
Tony Grieg
Peter Pollock
Bishan Bedi

I think there were a few Pakistini (did I get that right?) players... but yeah I wanna know who selecters thought were the cream of the crop.
I forgive your bad spelling, but you have spelt it wrong quite a few times now. For the record, it's PakistAni.:p