Cricket Player Manager

Thread: the 1972 World XI team

the 1972 World XI team

Does anybody know who was in the 1972 World XI team that toured Australia. I was hearing about Sobers making a huge double-hundred when it mattered in a second innings and it sparked my curiosity. Who, in 1972, made that team?

The ones I know made the team were:

Sunil Gavaskar
    Graeme Pollock
    Sir Garfield Sobers
    Tony Grieg
    Peter Pollock
    Bishan Bedi

I think there were a few Pakistini (did I get that right?) players... but yeah I wanna know who selecters thought were the cream of the crop.

Hylton Ackerman (RSA), Asif Masood (Pak), Bishan Bedi (Ind), Bob Cunis (NZ), Farokh Engineer (Ind), Sunil Gavaskar (Ind), Norman Gifford (Eng), Tony Grieg (Eng), Richard Hutton (Eng), Intikhab Alam (Pak), Rohan Kanhai (WI), Clive Lloyd (WI), Graeme Pollock (RSA), Peter Pollock (RSA), Garry Sobers (capt, WI), Bob Taylor (Eng), Zaheer Abbas (Pak).

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/colum...ry/220550.html

-That's explains why they where touring in the first place and the fact that a lot of the best players already had stuff on and so couldn't tour.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/colum...ry/221278.html

That's sobers' best knock during the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis
    Does anybody know who was in the 1972 World XI team that toured Australia. I was hearing about Sobers making a huge double-hundred when it mattered in a second innings and it sparked my curiosity. Who, in 1972, made that team?

The ones I know made the team were:

Sunil Gavaskar
    Graeme Pollock
    Sir Garfield Sobers
    Tony Grieg
    Peter Pollock
    Bishan Bedi

I think there were a few Pakistini (did I get that right?) players... but yeah I wanna know who selecters thought were the cream of the crop.
    I forgive your bad spelling, but you have spelt it wrong quite a few times now. For the record, it's PakistAni.
    Q: What's your favourite animal?
    Steve Waugh: Merv Hughes.

Fred Trueman:

That was a tremendous six, the ball was still in the air as it went over the boundary.
    That's what cricket is all about. Two batsmen pitting their wits against one another.
    Anyone foolish enough to predict the outcome of this match is a fool.
    Unless something happens that we can't predict, I don't think a lot will happen.

Ian Blackwell: It's just understanding foods and what to eat at certain times.

Thread Information