• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could change one thing about international cricket...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Langeveldt said:
I'm torn between the end of Twenty20, or having a great South African legspinner.. Probably the latter would be the best
Yeah, people enjoying themselves & the sport widening its appeal, that's clearly the work of Satan, isn't it?!

Langeveldt

Soutie
BoyBrumby said:
Yeah, people enjoying themselves & the sport widening its appeal, that's clearly the work of Satan, isn't it?!
Yeah, the ashes was really one of crickets greatest series wasn't it..

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:
I'm torn between the end of Twenty20, or having a great South African legspinner.. Probably the latter would be the best
Chances of South Africa producing a great spinner are so low its probably not even worth talking about.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
BoyBrumby said:
It's so obvious to me, but letting the 3rd ump make front-foot no-ball calls. One less thing for the standing umpires to worry about.
That and earpieces for the umpires linked to stump mics would make a big difference IMO.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I should like to personally kill everyone who dared to suggest that there should be a world Twenty20 championship.

Craig

World Traveller
Clarence said:
More juicy green tops, ffs roads are boring.
Uncovered wickets. :ph34r:

They will sort the men from the boys. The real batsmen will be shown here not like these fancy soft boys who have growen up on covered wickets :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I agree with those that have said more bowler friendly wickets. That would be the one thing I really want changed. The first day of the India vs. Pakistan test series was brilliant to watch, with wickets falling all over the place, and good batting prevailing in the tough conditions.

More green tops and turners would make the game even better. :)

TIF

U19 Debutant
I would like to change 2 things about cricket in general -

1. India to find a real tearaway pace bowler who can bowl regularly above 150+ kph.
2. Ending of 20/20 cricket.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just one? :(

Hmm. Probably better use of technology, then. I don't know how fast they can get that Hawkeye thing set up after a ball is bowled, but if it can be done in a matter of seconds then the appeal should be able to be passed on. I don't see why they need to wait 30 seconds every time a decision is made. Click the buttons, is it out or not? Press the 'out' or 'not out' button. Why commentators (and myself) can generall come to simple decisions in a matter of 5-10 seconds after seeing a single replay but third umpires spend a full 30-60 seconds on the matter is beyond me. If they made decisions faster, then waiting for the third umpire to make a decision wouldn't be an issue of time at all and we could all start progressing things instead of ruining the whole thing. This goes for more than lbw decisions of course - stump mic in the ear, etc. also fall into play.

Also, don't they let third umpire check out the no-ball deal already? Or was that just a trial period?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
Heal the cricketing world, Richard - make it a better place.
For you and for me and the entire cricket race.
Like I say - I'd need the chance first.
Mark my words - I'd make a better decision-maker at ICC than the Executive Board. Mind, that's not the most difficult thing in The World.