• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funny Stuff....insults, quotes etc.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I got The Big Book of More Sporting Insults for Christmas and I thought I'd post some of the funny cricket related things.....Only a few for now:

Shane Warne responding to the claim that he put on two stone in weight during one summer of league cricket in England: "It's simply not true: I put on close to 3 1/2 stone. I came over 81kg and was just off 100kg when I came back...I drank every night and ate absolute rubbish for six months"

Overheard at Lord's, late 1980s: "Does he have a brother called Disraeli Big?" On Gladstone Small.

Anon. journalist on Adam Gilchrist: "His appearance suggests the love-child of Martin Clunes and an elf"

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Warne (again): "My diet is still pizzas, chips, toasted cheese sandwiches & milkshakes. I have the occasional six-week burst where I stick to fruit & cereal: it b****y kills me."

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
"Do you wake up in the middle of the night thinking you might have dropped the Ashes? I have got Herschelle Gibbs' phone number here if you want some counselling."
Phil Tufnell takes a dig at Shane Warne for dropping Kevin Pietersen at the Ashes decider...all this during Australia's night of nights

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
"You can fry an egg on his (Smith's) face within two minutes."
Shane Warne takes yet another dig at Graeme Smith

:laugh:

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
"You might remember me ... I was captain of England when they were crap."
Former England captain Nasser Hussain's opening line at the British Asian awards

"How did you do it Mike, lets be honest you were the most boring batsman. What was your secret?"
Nasser Hussain to Mike Atherton while commenting at the first test between England and India at Nagpur.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ian Botham's favourite joke....

How do you make an Australian omelette?

First, steal 3 eggs...

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
MS Dhoni when asked how the players will ensure a clean IPL this year:
"We will try the laundry. That's good, will keep us clean."

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How about that incident where he tried to 'practice' a slog over cow corner while running a single and ended up throwing his bat 40 feet in the air?