• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jenner: England have better spin bowling talent than Australia

chris.hinton

International Captain
He is false how can he be my releation i would have met him, and he comes from Worcester i reckon he someone who is been an imposter

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
There's a decent left arm chinaman bowler who's in the year below me at school (year 9), and he's been on the ECB Wrist Spin Development Programme with Jenner as a coach. Amazing to watch, gets real revs on the ball and gets it too dip and turn very late - you can see the difference is huge between him and say the next best spinner in the school.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nasser Hussain was the same at the same age.
Many do well at that time, you can't take things too seriously until someone's at least 18-19.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
chris.hinton said:
who is this leg spinner Jungle Jimbo
Not saying - you don't want nosey people like me prodding your name about on a public forum. If he gets anywhere near county cricket I'll tell you a bit more.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I find this a very strange comment. Leaving Warne and MacGill out of it (even though both are likely to be around for several more years), South Australia alone has two extremely promising spinners coming through right now. In a few years I think Australia will be doing okay in that area.
Yessssssss, indeed.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, tbf he posted that in early 06. Sure Warne retired early 07, but MacGill is still around, much as I might like to wish he wasn't.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yessssssss, indeed.
Haha FFS Richard. Whenever people dig up something of yours from a while back that's since been clearly proved wrong, you'll defend yourself no end, yet you keep doing things like this.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If I'd said "X will probably be around" and he'd retired 18 months later, it'd be wrong, no two ways about. I don't generally tend to say things like that though. Stuff which has in recent and recent-ish times been dug, has tended more often to be me saying "X is rubbish" (which isn't surprising, as that's something I say quite often). Which most people naturally take as "X will always be rubbish", which, well, isn't true, purely and simply.

I'm not suggesting Fuller was stupid to think Warne would be around longer than he ended-up being, because it wasn't really so at all - his retirement took most people by surprise really. But it was interesting, nonetheless.

Last edited: