• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

U-19 World XI

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Except for the facts that:

a) Mushfiqur Rahim and Graeme Cremer have already played Tests
b) Sean Williams has played ODI
c) Eoin Morgan has been playing for Ireland for ages
d) Squad != Team

There are probably e) and onwards among the associates, but I can't be bothered checking.
Alright i wasn't aware of Mush & Co having played test already.

And i know Squad is not = test, yet i also know that India will be looking to play 3 spiners in the team, and if Chawla doesn't get picked in first test, he will get a place in the second test!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
anyway i found the rules AFAIK, Full member players must have be under 19 on 1 september 2005 but Associate member players only had to be under 20 on the same date.

don't know how Waiswa slipped the net though

adharcric

International Coach
IndianByHeart said:
Alright i wasn't aware of Mush & Co having played test already.

And i know Squad is not = test, yet i also know that India will be looking to play 3 spiners in the team, and if Chawla doesn't get picked in first test, he will get a place in the second test!
I don't think we'll get to see Chawla unless Harbhajan fails in the first 2 tests. This selection might just be so he is groomed and given exposure.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
anyway i found the rules AFAIK, Full member players must have be under 19 on 1 september 2005 but Associate member players only had to be under 20 on the same date.

don't know how Waiswa slipped the net though
The same way Afridi would've...

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Saqibul Hasan will be the leading all-round spinner in the world in ten years time - batting at three in ODIs, six in Tests.

adharcric

International Coach
Jungle Jumbo said:
Saqibul Hasan will be the leading all-round spinner in the world in ten years time - batting at three in ODIs, six in Tests.
Piyush Chawla just might ruin your prediction.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:
Except for the facts that:

a) Mushfiqur Rahim and Graeme Cremer have already played Tests
b) Sean Williams has played ODI
c) Eoin Morgan has been playing for Ireland for ages
d) Squad != Team

There are probably e) and onwards among the associates, but I can't be bothered checking.
Keegan Meth played an ODI yesterday as well.