• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your best cricket sledge

eatthis9999

Cricket Spectator
this was a sledge towards my over sea captian when i made my first team debut

bowler: easy wicket lads hes only 11 if he hits one along the square he will be lucky

ausie : i wouldnt say that yet you may get a quick suprise

bowler: come on lads this wicket wins the match, he has 3 balls to win the match, they need 6 to win and the other batter has 1 of 10 balls

after this quick talk the bowler runs in bowls it on the leg side, i get the middle to the bat

ausie : i guess he wasnt lucky

bowler: why you say that

ausie: well it didnt touch the field, it just hit the water about 30 metres over the boundary

bowler: **** off you ausie skum bag

ausie: at least i'm not some inbread pomme, from a town were your all called Dick

bowler: why do you think i'm called Dick

ausie: ohh i just heard the fielders call you it every other ball

:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

kingkallis

International Coach
this was a sledge towards my over sea captian when i made my first team debut

bowler: easy wicket lads hes only 11 if he hits one along the square he will be lucky

ausie : i wouldnt say that yet you may get a quick suprise

bowler: come on lads this wicket wins the match, he has 3 balls to win the match, they need 6 to win and the other batter has 1 of 10 balls

after this quick talk the bowler runs in bowls it on the leg side, i get the middle to the bat

ausie : i guess he wasnt lucky

bowler: why you say that

ausie: well it didnt touch the field, it just hit the water about 30 metres over the boundary

bowler: **** off you ausie skum bag

ausie: at least i'm not some inbread pomme, from a town were your all called Dick

bowler: why do you think i'm called Dick

ausie: ohh i just heard the fielders call you it every other ball

:laugh:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

kingkallis

International Coach
Yesterday we played a team who had lost all there matches thus far. We bowled them out for a dismal 73 (last year we bowled them out for 21!) and we got off to a slow start and i came to the crease shortly followed by my mate. we needed 50 odd to win.

This bowler was bowling who thought a lot of himself. Due to the terrible pitch conditions he managed to get the ball around the shoulders and i caught on to him and decided to hook him for four followed by a full toss which i also put away. The final ball of the over was half decent so i played a defensive stroke. And this was greeted with a smart comment ' I didnt see you hit that for 4 you ****' Im not one for letting things go, so i returned the abuse about his shcokingly terrible bowling.

His team got behind him and started with the old 'walking wicket' qoutes we finally needed 6 to win off god knows how many overs and at this time the lad was still going off on one so i thought id shut him up. The ball was bowled at a shorter length and i rocked back and pull it towards cow corner into the field nearby. Knowing that it was going to carry beyond the boundary i smiled at the heated bowler and instantly took off my gloves, bat under my arm and walked off :)
You were playing EA or BLC?? BLC is way too easy mate...try EA 2007. Its not that easy to play hook shots in it, IMO.

Himannv

International Coach
Not sure if I heard this one right over the stump mike.

Sangakkara when Yuvraj Singh came out to bat: "Hey look, its Britney Spears"

TumTum

Banned
You bat/bowl like your mother, unless of course your mother is a good batsmen/bowler, in which case you bat/bowl nothing like you mother.

Last edited:

eatthis9999

Cricket Spectator
This year at my club we had a pakistan fast bowler/ should be an all rounder

and he had a ball thrown at him in the field and he thought nothing of it until

a few overs later he become subject to a bouncer atack and he was worked over quite badly

then a bowler sent him a bouner which he could only defend strait down to the short leg

the umpire gave him out

even when you knew it hadnt caried

so the fielder from earlier come in and says

(some bad language) you (more bad language) pakistani (bad language)

and the over seas lifts up his bat to the bowlers neck to wish half of the club squad run over, to be joined by the over seas V fielding side battle of the centuary

our batsman got revenge by bowling some of his fastest to get 6-12

smash84

The Tiger King
You bat/bowl like your mother, unless of course your mother is a good batsmen/bowler, in which case you bat/bowl nothing like you mother.
I think I read it in Viv's book......

When bowling to Viv, on one occasion Imran comes up and says to him "You love yourself too much" or something of the sort and Viv says "hell, I learned something by just looking at you" ......

Also I am not sure if this has been quoted here in this thread but McGrath walks up to Sarwan and says that your ass is getting fat or something regarding his weight.....and Sarwan says

"Thats because every time I make love to your wife she gives me a lollipop".........

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I read it in Viv's book......

When bowling to Viv, on one occasion Imran comes up and says to him "You love yourself too much" or something of the sort and Viv says "hell, I learned something by just looking at you" ......

Also I am not sure if this has been quoted here in this thread but McGrath walks up to Sarwan and says that your ass is getting fat or something regarding his weight.....and Sarwan says

"Thats because every time I make love to your wife she gives me a lollipop".........
McGrath to Brandes. The answer was much more spicier than that of course

Himannv

International Coach

:lol:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, there is a big mix-up of stories.

Sarwan and McGrath involved questions about what Lara's appendage tasted like, and then whether or not Mrs. McGrath would know.

Brandes and McGrath involved questioning about how Eddo got so large, and an explanation that included Mrs. McGrath, the bedroom and the biscuit tin.

It's like sorting out a bad version of Chinese Whispers.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yep, it was.

Greatest sledge ever:

In the 1991 Adelaide Test, Javed Miandad called Merv Hughes a "fat bus conductor." A few balls later Merv dismissed Javed and as he ran past him said: 'Tickets please!'

TRUE!: "Though he actually called me a fat bus driver," says Hughes. "Javed played and missed a few times and I;d give him a glare and want to say something, but it was team policy not to target him verbally...Then he called me a fat bus driver! When I got him I said: "Tickets please!"

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Merv has also got pawned as well.

1989 SL vs AUS in Brisbane - Merv Hugehs tried testing the hooking abilities of de Silva (who rarely makes his voice heard on the field) and found that he was in a losing battle. Then he resorted to short of a length, but because de Silva was a very short batsman he kept pulling balls just above stump height. Merv said "****ing midgets should not play cricket". De Silva for the only time in his 18 year career made his voice heard and said "But Merv, even ****ing midgets have bigger brains than you". Classic stuff it was, and Merv lost control of him self and was taken to the cleaners by de Silva.