Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unfair treatment with onemangang

Unfair treatment with onemangang

I know i might get in to trouble for this but i feel the ban on onemangang was extreamly unfair since he was not trying to pick up a fight with anyone and he only got irritated by some continous Unneccessary scarcism by Mxyzptik on his quite valid argument.

If guys like nehfan and vandematram can survive so long despite abusing Pakistan openly on the forums and then getting banned only when they started speaking against English team then this guy could have been given a letoff aswell.

TIF
    You are right over there Xuhaib. Although I somewhat agree with Vandemataran and nehrafan's bans, the the bans of ajaagarkarajaaja and onemangang are a bit unfair. Onemangang, was making a valid point as I was thinking of joining in the discussion on his favour. Also, Ajaagarkarajaaja contributed to the Indian thread for the world cup 2007 and his posts were more supportive of Indian bowling than being attacking posts. I do hope that Ajaagarkarajaaja and Onemangang, get unbanned.

Onemangang, got into a meaningless debate which was initially started by Mr Mxyzptlk and got an unfair ban in the end despite asking a meaningful question.

Also, I do feel that the Pakistani bunch out here has been a real good one and they have been quite supportive and gracious in defeats.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    All the accounts mentioned here were banned simultaneously for a reason. It wasn't just a random banning spree.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I started a debate?

I can quote that entire conversation and you will see that he is the one who wanted to "debate". Please get informed before making accusations.

Regarding the sarcasm, it's used heavily by so many members on this forum on a daily basis and I hardly insulted him. Read my first post in that thread and you'll see that I made a fair point in it. The fact that he was offended by hardly offensive sarcasm is not my fault at all.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Does seem a bit unfair..
    I think, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    I started a debate?

I can quote that entire conversation and you will see that he is the one who wanted to "debate". Please get informed before making accusations.

Regarding the sarcasm, it's used heavily by so many members on this forum on a daily basis and I hardly insulted him. Read my first post in that thread and you'll see that I made a fair point in it. The fact that he was offended by hardly offensive sarcasm is not my fault at all.
    I dont mind debate and sarcasms and i know it happens on daily basis over here, the only think that bothered me was that little skrimish between you and onemangang dindt deserve a ban.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib
    I know i might get in to trouble for this but i feel the ban on onemangang was extreamly unfair since he was not trying to pick up a fight with anyone and he only got irritated by some continous Unneccessary scarcism by Mxyzptik on his quite valid argument.

If guys like nehfan and vandematram can survive so long despite abusing Pakistan openly on the forums and then getting banned only when they started speaking against English team then this guy could have been given a letoff aswell.
    EDIT: I revealed something in this post I'm not sure if I should have done. I'll check and then change it back again if I can.

EDIT 2: Yep, read Neil's post below to see what it was I pretty much said.
    Last edited by Barney Rubble; 20-02-2006 at 11:04 AM.

I dont mind debate and sarcasms and i know it happens on daily basis over here, the only think that bothered me was that little skrimish between you and onemangang dindt deserve a ban.
    As Sean said, that's not why he was banned. He was banned because he's suspected strongly of having multiple accounts, which is a blatant violation of the forum rules.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    To expand on this - the forum rules explicitly state that multiple accounts are not permitted. We have strong evidence to suggest that the accounts of ajaagarkarajaaja, cozmiccoyoete, GladiatrsInBlue, hindmaatujesalam, jaspalsinghrana, mayadevi, muralilal, nehrafan, onemangang, sheerindianspeed, vandemataram, wahindiawah and yohanna fall into this category.

As a result, all accounts have been banned and will not be un-banned until we receive conclusive evidence that this is not the case.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

If he has been banned for multiple accounts then sure i have no problems but the thread "Has Indian team mastered the art of chasing" gives a complete different picture.
    Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    You are presently watching a masterclass in how to get yourself banned.

Coming soon - the final act as I press the big red button. Stop being an idiot

Wow, I thought this was a bit weird. Were they all the same person, if so, it explains a lot as most of them were pretty attacking in favour of India and generally trollish in behaviour. Didn't see much of onemangang.
    Guess the avatar is no use any more!
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

RIP Fardin

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    If he has been banned for multiple accounts then sure i have no problems but the thread "Has Indian team mastered the art of chasing" gives a complete different picture.
    Yeah, you're right, it does.

That post was meant to come across as a final warning "get back in line" to avoid that subject, and it was highly unlikely that a ban would ever come of it - you've seen how long we've not banned vandemataram and nehrafan for.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup

That post was meant to come across as a final warning "get back in line" to avoid that subject, and it was highly unlikely that a ban would ever come of it - you've seen how long we've not banned vandemataram and nehrafan for.
    Okiez.

If you have really banned him for multiple accounts and not for his posts in that thread then i have no objections and infact i would like to apologize to you guys for causing a bit of a bother.
    ALL PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup

Neil,
    While I'm glad that vandemataram and nehrafan were banned, it turns out that they were banned for having multiple accounts, not for trollish behavior. That does dissapoint me a bit. May I humbly ask why the troll behavior by itself was not enough to get them banned? You have surely observed how they disrupted the Ind/Pak board consistently with their behavior? I know it's easy to say "don't feed the troll", but it's even easier to simply take actions against those type of members isn't it?

Worth noting that the multiple accounts theory only arose and was investigated due to the trollish behaviour from half the accounts in question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information