• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unfair treatment with onemangang

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know i might get in to trouble for this but i feel the ban on onemangang was extreamly unfair since he was not trying to pick up a fight with anyone and he only got irritated by some continous Unneccessary scarcism by Mxyzptik on his quite valid argument.

If guys like nehfan and vandematram can survive so long despite abusing Pakistan openly on the forums and then getting banned only when they started speaking against English team then this guy could have been given a letoff aswell.

TIF

U19 Debutant
You are right over there Xuhaib. Although I somewhat agree with Vandemataran and nehrafan's bans, the the bans of ajaagarkarajaaja and onemangang are a bit unfair. Onemangang, was making a valid point as I was thinking of joining in the discussion on his favour. Also, Ajaagarkarajaaja contributed to the Indian thread for the world cup 2007 and his posts were more supportive of Indian bowling than being attacking posts. I do hope that Ajaagarkarajaaja and Onemangang, get unbanned.

Onemangang, got into a meaningless debate which was initially started by Mr Mxyzptlk and got an unfair ban in the end despite asking a meaningful question.

Also, I do feel that the Pakistani bunch out here has been a real good one and they have been quite supportive and gracious in defeats.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
All the accounts mentioned here were banned simultaneously for a reason. It wasn't just a random banning spree. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I started a debate?

I can quote that entire conversation and you will see that he is the one who wanted to "debate". Please get informed before making accusations.

Regarding the sarcasm, it's used heavily by so many members on this forum on a daily basis and I hardly insulted him. Read my first post in that thread and you'll see that I made a fair point in it. The fact that he was offended by hardly offensive sarcasm is not my fault at all.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I started a debate?

I can quote that entire conversation and you will see that he is the one who wanted to "debate". Please get informed before making accusations.

Regarding the sarcasm, it's used heavily by so many members on this forum on a daily basis and I hardly insulted him. Read my first post in that thread and you'll see that I made a fair point in it. The fact that he was offended by hardly offensive sarcasm is not my fault at all.
I dont mind debate and sarcasms and i know it happens on daily basis over here, the only think that bothered me was that little skrimish between you and onemangang dindt deserve a ban.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Xuhaib said:
I know i might get in to trouble for this but i feel the ban on onemangang was extreamly unfair since he was not trying to pick up a fight with anyone and he only got irritated by some continous Unneccessary scarcism by Mxyzptik on his quite valid argument.

If guys like nehfan and vandematram can survive so long despite abusing Pakistan openly on the forums and then getting banned only when they started speaking against English team then this guy could have been given a letoff aswell.
EDIT: I revealed something in this post I'm not sure if I should have done. I'll check and then change it back again if I can.

EDIT 2: Yep, read Neil's post below to see what it was I pretty much said. :)

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Xuhaib said:
I dont mind debate and sarcasms and i know it happens on daily basis over here, the only think that bothered me was that little skrimish between you and onemangang dindt deserve a ban.
As Sean said, that's not why he was banned. He was banned because he's suspected strongly of having multiple accounts, which is a blatant violation of the forum rules.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
To expand on this - the forum rules explicitly state that multiple accounts are not permitted. We have strong evidence to suggest that the accounts of ajaagarkarajaaja, cozmiccoyoete, GladiatrsInBlue, hindmaatujesalam, jaspalsinghrana, mayadevi, muralilal, nehrafan, onemangang, sheerindianspeed, vandemataram, wahindiawah and yohanna fall into this category.

As a result, all accounts have been banned and will not be un-banned until we receive conclusive evidence that this is not the case.

Xuhaib

International Coach
If he has been banned for multiple accounts then sure i have no problems but the thread "Has Indian team mastered the art of chasing" gives a complete different picture.
Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
You are presently watching a masterclass in how to get yourself banned.

Coming soon - the final act as I press the big red button. Stop being an idiot

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Wow, I thought this was a bit weird. Were they all the same person, if so, it explains a lot as most of them were pretty attacking in favour of India and generally trollish in behaviour. Didn't see much of onemangang.
Guess the avatar is no use any more!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Xuhaib said:
If he has been banned for multiple accounts then sure i have no problems but the thread "Has Indian team mastered the art of chasing" gives a complete different picture.
Yeah, you're right, it does.

That post was meant to come across as a final warning "get back in line" to avoid that subject, and it was highly unlikely that a ban would ever come of it - you've seen how long we've not banned vandemataram and nehrafan for.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:

That post was meant to come across as a final warning "get back in line" to avoid that subject, and it was highly unlikely that a ban would ever come of it - you've seen how long we've not banned vandemataram and nehrafan for.
Okiez.

If you have really banned him for multiple accounts and not for his posts in that thread then i have no objections and infact i would like to apologize to you guys for causing a bit of a bother.
ALL PEACE

Fusion

Global Moderator
Neil Pickup said:

Neil,
While I'm glad that vandemataram and nehrafan were banned, it turns out that they were banned for having multiple accounts, not for trollish behavior. That does dissapoint me a bit. May I humbly ask why the troll behavior by itself was not enough to get them banned? You have surely observed how they disrupted the Ind/Pak board consistently with their behavior? I know it's easy to say "don't feed the troll", but it's even easier to simply take actions against those type of members isn't it?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Worth noting that the multiple accounts theory only arose and was investigated due to the trollish behaviour from half the accounts in question.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Its funny actually guys like nehrafan and Vandematam rarely replied and responded to each other despite being in agreement most of the times.

TIF

U19 Debutant
I did have a slight feeling that Vandemataram, Nehrafan, Ajaagarkarajaaja, Sheerindianspeed, Mayadevi, Onemangang etc. could be the IDs of the same person as all of them, registered way back in 2002 and havent been regular posters. Now, after a long break, all of them suddenly appeared for the India-Pakistan series and never got into an argument with each other. But then, some of those IDs did make valid points as well like Ajaagarkarajaaja and Onemangang.

This ID "Onemangang" tells a lot about the person - It really is a One man gang with only 1 man having the different IDs:laugh:

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Neil Pickup said:
To expand on this - the forum rules explicitly state that multiple accounts are not permitted. We have strong evidence to suggest that the accounts of ajaagarkarajaaja, cozmiccoyoete, GladiatrsInBlue, hindmaatujesalam, jaspalsinghrana, mayadevi, muralilal, nehrafan, onemangang, sheerindianspeed, vandemataram, wahindiawah and yohanna fall into this category.

As a result, all accounts have been banned and will not be un-banned until we receive conclusive evidence that this is not the case.
Yay!!!!!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TIF said:
I did have a slight feeling that Vandemataram, Nehrafan, Ajaagarkarajaaja, Sheerindianspeed, Mayadevi, Onemangang etc. could be the IDs of the same person as all of them, registered way back in 2002 and havent been regular posters. Now, after a long break, all of them suddenly appeared for the India-Pakistan series and never got into an argument with each other. But then, some of those IDs did make valid points as well like Ajaagarkarajaaja and Onemangang.

This ID "Onemangang" tells a lot about the person - It really is a One man gang with only 1 man having the different IDs:laugh:
I'm astounded there've been that many accounts for 1 person.
And equally astounded that no-one noticed before now... :blink:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Richard said:
I'm astounded there've been that many accounts for 1 person.
And equally astounded that no-one noticed before now... :blink:
There's been more than that by the same person while you were away, just not so simultaneously.