• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unfair treatment with onemangang

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed?
The only 1 I remember clearly was the Camel56 types.
But I suppose if you think about it it's not the most unlikely thing in The World for someone to try.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wow, I can't believe this! 13 accounts! Why on Earth would anyone want 13 accounts!
This is quite the craziest thing I've ever seen on CW.n!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Richard said:
Indeed?
But I suppose if you think about it it's not the most unlikely thing in The World for someone to try.
Did you miss out on Shane Warne's antics? I guess so, obviously.

You may remember a particularly annoying poster during the Ashes called simply Shane Warne. He was banned, but then proceeded to log in during the England-Pakistan series under many different alternative names, most of them masquerading as a Pakistan fan. We rumbled him (by "we" I mean a combination of Slow Love, me, Neil, Liam and a couple of others IIRC) and then all of his 17 (!!!) accounts were banned.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I remember that Shane Warne character, certainly, but I was absent throughout the Pakistan tour thread, and heard nothing of this conversation about said antics.
Actually, thinking about it, I now remember another - the alexkumar, alexkumar1, alexk, TruthTeller, PondFish (there may be more...?) types.
Who was a similar story to the ajaagarkarajaaja\cozmiccoyoete\GladiatrsInBlue\hindmaatujesalam\jaspalsinghrana\mayadevi\muralilal\nehrafan\onemangang\sheerindianspeed\vandemataram\wahindiawah\yohanna types, really... just less good at disguising himself that he fooled everyone for 3 years!

danish

U19 12th Man
Tell me if I'm being too nosy, but how do you know that all the trolls were one person, but me and Armadillo are two different people (which we are)?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
danish said:
Tell me if I'm being too nosy, but how do you know that all the trolls were one person, but me and Armadillo are two different people (which we are)?
Because we trust Tom.

PY

International Coach
Barney Rubble said:
Did you miss out on Shane Warne's antics? I guess so, obviously.

You may remember a particularly annoying poster during the Ashes called simply Shane Warne. He was banned, but then proceeded to log in during the England-Pakistan series under many different alternative names, most of them masquerading as a Pakistan fan. We rumbled him (by "we" I mean a combination of Slow Love, me, Neil, Liam and a couple of others IIRC) and then all of his 17 (!!!) accounts were banned.
:laugh:

It did make me chuckle when this happened.

:D

danish

U19 12th Man
vic_orthdox said:
yohanna was a Pakistani supporter though, yeah? And the rest were Indian supporters?
Probably a 'clever' ruse by him to post anti-Pakistani comments, and no one could accuse him of being a troll because he was apparently Pakistani.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
There was also this pair of Canadians (strong-desire/choas500.....original names) who used this board as an online chat program, posting several one-line messages. Remember them?

Oh yes....there was also Spanish "I am try very hard" Vicente.....who (apparently) couldn't speak Spanish or English properly!

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
Indeed?
That gang seemed to be a little more clever at hiding their identities. They may be part of some cartel aimed at pulling down fat-headed Australian celebrities, and started posting as two of them. In fact, I still have my doubts over that bunch.

PY

International Coach
Arjun said:
Oh yes....there was also Spanish "I am try very hard" Vicente.....who (apparently) couldn't speak Spanish or English properly!
That'd be our friend Sledger in the end I'm afraid. 8-)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Arjun said:
If you look up his account, James actually took the time to write that it was a duplicate account by Sledger :laugh:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
danish said:
Probably a 'clever' ruse by him to post anti-Pakistani comments, and no one could accuse him of being a troll because he was apparently Pakistani.
I think I know Youhana from another forum, he is Pakistani and I am really surprised to see that he decided to take on the trolls by creating a different nick. He used to be a very good contributor on the other forum I used to visit

I think he should have been warned about his duplicate accounts before he was banned.

PY

International Coach
Search for 'vicente' in the Search box and he was called 'Spanish_vicente'.

Duplicate accounts are bad....:p