• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has Indian team mastered the art of chasing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Indian team really unstoppable while chasing a target, no matter how how the asking rate be?? or is it that Pakistan simply don't know how to defend a target.

I mean it has been more than 2 time when the asking rate is near 7-8, yet India chased it with plenty of wkts and OVERS in hands.

Do you think India would have done the same against other teams like NZ & England ??

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
On the pitches they have been playing on? Sure, some great efforts from India (especially Dhoni, can't wait to see if this guy continues on against England), but I think the Pakistan team have been quite poor in the ODI series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, after one outstanding series, I think they most certainly have.

Also notable...Yuvraj has also mastered the art of the century, Daren Ganga has mastered the art of the half-century, Scott Styris has mastered the art of the french cut, and Rawl Lewis has mastered the art of getting Brendon McCullum out caught behind. Cricket, lovely cricket!

:no:

No. India is a very good chasing team, but they've not mastered the art until they do it consistently over a long a period and on pitches outside of the subcontinent. India will never be unstoppable chasing.

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Yes, after one outstanding series, I think they most certainly have.

Also notable...Yuvraj has also mastered the art of the century, Daren Ganga has mastered the art of the half-century, Scott Styris has mastered the art of the french cut, and Rawl Lewis has mastered the art of getting Brendon McCullum out caught behind. Cricket, lovely cricket!no:

Oh God, i just asked a question, granted its too early to arrive to a definate conclusion after TWO SERIES, but that stupid sarcastic comments were totally uncalled for:@

Mr Mxyzptlk

onemangang said:
Oh God, i just asked a question, granted its too early to arrive to a definate conclusion after TWO SERIES, but that stupid sarcastic comments were totally uncalled for:@
Well as you've said yourself, it's too early to event think that there would be any other answer to the question. The way I see it, stupid answer for a stupid question. Forgive me for being negative, but sensationalization is far too common around these parts these days.

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well as you've said yourself, it's too early to event think that there would be any other answer to the question. The way I see it, stupid answer for a stupid question. Forgive me for being negative, but sensationalization is far too common around these parts these days.
I said its too early to arrive to a DEFINATE CONCLUSION, but certainly we can have a debate on it.

I'm not saying that India is now the best team in the world and that they will be unstoppable, i just wanted to know that if other teams had been playing against India in place of Pakistan with similar situation, then would India have won the series so easily too?

In other words, is Pakistan playing absolute crap cricket under Inzi in ODI currently?

Mr Mxyzptlk

onemangang said:
I said its too early to arrive to a DEFINATE CONCLUSION, but certainly we can have a debate on it.
But the conclusion is that it's too early to arrive at the conclusion that India has mastered the art. Therefore there's only one other conclusion that can be arrived at - they haven't. It doesn't leave much (or any) room for debate.

It makes sense. Read it over.

In other words, is Pakistan playing absolute crap cricket under Inzi in ODI currently?
That's quite a bizarre translation.

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
But the conclusion is that it's too early to arrive at the conclusion that India has mastered the art. Therefore there's only one other conclusion that can be arrived at - they haven't. It doesn't leave much (or any) room for debate.

It makes sense. Read it over.

That's quite a bizarre translation.

Whatever8-) 8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

onemangang said:
Oh god, not again8-)

I'm going to ignore you from now on.
Hey, you're the one who wanted to debate. Let's debate.

I'm just disappointed because I can't think of a decent counter to "Whatever". I suppose that means you win. :(

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Hey, you're the one who wanted to debate. Let's debate.

I'm just disappointed because I can't think of a decent counter to "Whatever". I suppose that means you win. :(
I made a mistake by responding the first time around with a "troll" like you.If you didn't like the thread or didn't agree with it then just get lost.

Mr Mxyzptlk

onemangang said:
I made a mistake by responding the first time around with a "troll" like you.If you didn't like the thread or didn't agree with it then just get lost.
Quoted for posterity.

Sadly, my job doesn't allow me to get lost from threads.
Then my role as a human being allows me to participate in a debate if I so choose. The point is that if there are two viable sides presented by a topic, it can't actually be debated.

We can try though, so come on, let's debate.

My point: It's way too early to say India has mastered the art of chasing.
Keenly awaiting your response.

I'm now changing the topic of this thread.

Can someone please tell me as to how to get away from beinng chased by a "troll" like MrMxyz????

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You are presently watching a masterclass in how to get yourself banned.

Coming soon - the final act as I press the big red button. Stop being an idiot.

Neil Pickup said:
You are presently watching a masterclass in how to get yourself banned.

Coming soon - the final act as I press the big red button. Stop being an idiot.
Don't act like a bully.

You want to ban me for what? i told the guy that i didn't want to respond to him but he just continued.If someone doesn't like the topic then they can stop responding instead of continuously attacking me.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Don't flame bait and I won't need to.

You can't post on a forum and not expect replies. And you have a bizarre definition of "attacking".

Neil Pickup said:
Don't flame bait and I won't need to.

You can't post on a forum and not expect replies. And you have a bizarre definition of "attacking".
My question is, as to how am i flame baiting???

I don't expect ppl not to reply, but when someone has already passed a judgement that it was a stupid thread and there was no room for debate, then why that person continued posting ??? Obviously he had his own agenda.I consider that flame baiting.

and lastly i can delete this thread or you can lock it, doesn't really matter, but you shouldn't abuse your power and threten me by banning me on this forum for no reason atall.

Status
Not open for further replies.