• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Kenya in Zimbabwe

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
I hope Kenya give them a 5-0 beating so everyone can have it confirmed what a joke Zimbabwe Cricket has become. I have no tolerance for this situation.

danish

U19 12th Man
sirjeremy11 said:
I hope Kenya give them a 5-0 beating so everyone can have it confirmed what a joke Zimbabwe Cricket has become. I have no tolerance for this situation.
And it will show that Kenya is actually a decent international side who deserve to play far more ODIs than they have been playing in recent times.

Can someone please explain to me why this happened.

I mean, surely the point of match-fixing is to lose a match that your team is favoured to win. Being Kenya, who on Earth would put money on them to win?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Ah. The series I've been waiting for. It's all the boys have been able to talk about down at the pub.

danish

U19 12th Man
BlackCap_Fan said:
Zimbabwe should be boycotted.
This is the most meaningful series I've seen Zimbabwe play (with the exception of Bangladesh) in a long time. IMO this series will be good for both teams, especially Kenya, whose international career actually has a hope. There should be more series like this, but involving teams like Kenya, Bangladesh, USA and Nepal and not Zimbabwe.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
danish said:
And it will show that Kenya is actually a decent international side who deserve to play far more ODIs than they have been playing in recent times.
I don't think it would show anything of the sort.

Chubb

International Regular
I think Zimbabwe will win, but it will be close and Tikolo will score a lot of runs. It will be interesting to see what squad Zimbabwe will select- will Greg Strydom finally get his chance? Is it time for de Grandhomme? Will Vusi and Waddy, the two worst players in international cricket, cling on?

This is the fifteen-man squad I would pick, taking into account the contracts offered.

Hamilton Masakadza*
Charles Coventry +
Brendan Taylor
Colin de Grandhomme
Sean Williams
Elton Chigumbura
Greg Strydom
Keegan Meth (He had a good world cup, although he isn't really ready yet)
Anthony Ireland
Edward Rainsford
Keith Dabengwa
Tawanda Mupariwa
Prosper Utseya
Justice Chibhabha (or whatever he is calling himself at the moment)
Blessing Mahwire

I did not consider Panyangara, Ewing or Hondo because they are supposed to be injured at the moment. If they are fit, they have to be in the starting linups. Keegan Meth's performances in the U19 WC make him look like a promising allrounder, and with Blignaut gone and the relatively poor strength of the opposition it might be a good idea to blood him in the same role. Hamilton may not be available because of his degree, and I can't see another captain in that side with the requisite experience so that will be a problem if he can't play.

Of course, ZC are not exactly known for rational selection decisions, so doubtless we'll see the genius of Vusi Sibanda "grace" the international stage once more, and the hapless Waddy will be tonked all over the place again.

open365

International Vice-Captain
danish said:

I mean, surely the point of match-fixing is to lose a match that your team is favoured to win. Being Kenya, who on Earth would put money on them to win?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think this may give us an answer as to why Kenya are still a minnow nation:dry:

Dydl

International Debutant
Should be an "interesting" series...Definitely more interesting than one between Aus and Zimbabwe would be...

Chubb

International Regular
Craig said:
OT but Chubb is that Heath Streak in your avatar?
Ed Rainsford, hence the sig. I've been trying to get as many Zimboks in it as possible. Had Taibu, Vusi, Stuart Carlisle, Ray Price, Blessing Mahwire and Ed so far.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
danish said:

The reason cricket lends itself so well to match-fixing is that there's so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so much more to the game than the result.
I mean, for an all-rounder, who's to say they won't bowl a wide off the 3rd ball of their 2nd over, then be dismissed 1st ball...?
What are the odds on that?
And how much might you earn if you could tell someone that that was going to happen... for 2 games in a row?

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Oh, this should be a laugh.

Just kidding, I like to see the minnows of cricket Getting chances to prove themselves, at least there playing opposition they might stand a chance of beating