• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Kenya in Zimbabwe

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sirjeremy11 said:
Sorry, I don't get your point. If it is that Kenya raised themselves and performed above expectations at that World Cup, then surely you could say so do the other teams.
Umm...there's a reason why certain results are considered upsets...

The fact is that sometimes teams take opposition like Kenya for granted and that can be very costly if Kenya raises their game on that particular day. That's why ODI cricket is so watchable.

I really don't think Kenya lifting themselves for the World Cup after a long period without match practice is the same as playing top class cricket against present day Zimbabwe in front of 400 people with a lack of match practice. Let's be realistic about this.
sirjeremy11 said:
just look what WI (with no motivation at all) did to them in WC 03.
The West Indies had lots of motivation. Do you really think we wanted to leave the World Cup without that victory, let alone with a defeat at the hands of one of the few teams ranked lower than us? Come on. That's a lot of motivation. :dry:

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Right. Now I get your point.

And Windies may have had motivation. I will correct myself, they had nothing at stake. If they had lost that match, I don't think much would have changed for them.

Chubb

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
You'd expect a Premier Division side, wouldn't you. Won't be us. Sandford?
I was thinking Budleigh, because Roebuck used to play for them.