• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can someone tell me...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
And that would have been corrected within three or four months - if ICC had been prepared to wait just that long.
Instead they got David Kendix to devise this formula that probably only he fully understands.
Actually it is perfectly understandable, and like the player ratings, makes complete sense of what it is trying to achieve.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Actually it is perfectly understandable, and like the player ratings, makes complete sense of what it is trying to achieve.
Rubbish, it means damn-all to the man on Clapham or Colombo omnibus, thus defeating the object.
The player ratings make no sense and never will. It is totally and utterly impossible to rate each player's form exactly.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
"the Ashes were not at stake thanks to a quixotic TCCb ruling"

So can anyone tell me what quixotic means?

(quote from "England's Ashes")

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Most people on here have a good grasp of how they work.
Which is not what I said.
The Championship is not aimed at those on here, nor does it need to be.
The devisor of the original Championship will tell you that anytime.
Even then - I'll tell you for nothing that almost no-one on here understands it completely, nor would most have any wish to.