Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Get rid of cricket's minnows - Ponting

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Ponting a great batsmen, but he should learn to shut his mouth sometimes, he continues to come out with crap. Bangladesh just beat Australia six months and nearly beat Pakistan in a Test a couple years ago, if it wasn't a for a good innings from Inzi. And will probably win a Test against the Sri Lanka (A) side going over soon.
    Sri Lankan A do not play Test cricket?
    You know it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by deeps
    one day cricket is still cricket... and yes, there is a big difference, but i don't think ponting should be harping on about how crap they are, if they have just been beaten in any form.

I am happy for them to keep their ODI status, but they are not good enough for Test cricket.

Pinball Champion!
    For once, something of sense is coming out of Ponting's mouth, Bangladesh are an embaressment to test match cricket, and boards should be angry that they run the risk of losing money because of their three day test matches.. I think they should be assimilated into a 4-day domestic competition somewhere, if anyone will have them.. Thats how I think they will be able to improve

And maybe if someone who could rub two brain cells together said this, maybe people would listen a bit more?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    For once, something of sense is coming out of Ponting's mouth, Bangladesh are an embaressment to test match cricket, and boards should be angry that they run the risk of losing money because of their three day test matches.. I think they should be assimilated into a 4-day domestic competition somewhere, if anyone will have them.. Thats how I think they will be able to improve
    They could play in the pura cup, but I think they would come last, so would be even worse for their confidence. Maybe county cricket?

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    They could play in the pura cup, but I think they would come last, so would be even worse for their confidence. Maybe county cricket?
    no, they'd come last..

Franchise cricket? No, they'd come last...

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    no, they'd come last..

Franchise cricket? No, they'd come last...
    Well they could play with me here in 5th grade in Canberra

Well india didn't win a test for nearly 10 years and the only reason the lost column doesn't look bad is because there was far less test cricket played back then, the same goes for New Zealand.

It takes a while for a new country to get up to speed with other etablished test-playing nations, to suddenly decide to stop them playing test cricket because people don't think they are good enough would be very short-sighted and stupid.

And to be honest Bangladesh won't get better playing Franchise or grade cricket they need to play the best in order to mold themselves into a competitive unit.

Let them play ODI cricket but not Test cricket they are not good enough. NZ were not that bad they managed a lot of draws early on. What did Aust. do they sent their 2nd 11 to NZ not their best team.

It took us 26 years to win a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Autobahn
    Well india didn't win a test for nearly 10 years and the only reason the lost column doesn't look bad is because there was far less test cricket played back then, the same goes for New Zealand.

It takes a while for a new country to get up to speed with other etablished test-playing nations, to suddenly decide to stop them playing test cricket because people don't think they are good enough would be very short-sighted and stupid.

And to be honest Bangladesh won't get better playing Franchise or grade cricket they need to play the best in order to mold themselves into a competitive unit.

That's Ponting for you. If he's going to whine so much he should at least make sure he gets things right - but invariably he's wrong. I'm beginning to think comparing Ponting with George W or a chimp would be an insult to their 'intelligence'.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    It took us 26 years to win a test.
    True but a lot of the Tests NZ played in their early days were of 3 days duration and caused a lot of draws, some times they were even in a wining posi.

The Bangas have only won one Test, and that was the only one where they should have won.

They are not good enough where is the improvement? Some in ODI cricket, fine let them play that, but they are not ready for Test cricket, the ICC made a mistake and should admit it and move on.

They are not good enough where is the improvement? Some in ODI cricket, fine let them play that, but they are not ready for Test cricket, the ICC made a mistake and should admit it and move on.
    By move on do you mean stop them playing test cricket or just leave them be and admit a "mistake"?

Pinball Champion!
    Well they could play with me here in 5th grade in Canberra
    they'd probably come last

By move on do you mean stop them playing test cricket or just leave them be and admit a "mistake"?
    are you being facetious? Dump them,

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Bangladesh U19s are one of the strongest sides in the world. This is because of the increased exposure and coverage the game has there, now and over the last seven years.

The boys who were 9, 10 and 11 when Bangladesh became a Test nation are 16, 17 and 18 today. This is the generation who are going to count for Bangladesh cricket, and when they have grown up in ten years time, then the persistence will pay off.

Taking Test status away will undo all the progress. Giving them the status at the time was a mistake, everyone knows that. But you can't pretend it didn't happen.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information