• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

GREATEST backyard wicket!!! (video making of)

Pharnos

Cricket Spectator
Hey there,

Down in New Zealand, we've made what we think is the greatest backyard wicket. A 2 and a half minute time lapse video was put together of us preparing the pitch for the seasons play (notice minimal crease wear...we're now down through the dust/clay and starting to find rocks coming through haha).

Anyway, you can download a shortene version of the video here:
http://pharnos.orcon.net.nz/random/
http://pharnos.orcon.net.nz/random/backyard cricket small.mpg <--- 14MB version

2 version in there - 2MB and 14MB (2MB is only 30secs long, just a taster for those without fast internet)

Grab it! it's well worth it! I copied the National Bank series of cricket adverts that are played down here on TV in New Zealand - it's so fitting.

Cheers all, keep the backyard cricket going!
Steve.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I can`t believe no-one posted in this thread.

Awesome video man, gotta love the car going up and down. :D

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh my god that is gold!

What an effort.. I'd love to have that in my backyard. Pity about the lack of space on both sides because that looks like a proper turf pitch. How long did it take (if you're still around)?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Great...really excellent work. I'd love to see some cricket being played on it though.

Pharnos

Cricket Spectator
it does look tight, with the rules though, it's an excellent backyard game!

each time you hit the ball the ball = 1 run, hit it past the bowlers stump = 2 runs
house on the full = out
over fence on the full = out
1 hand (not favoured hand) 1 bounce = out
regulation half electrical tape ball

we have 1 dayers (limited overs, 1 over from each fielder, usually 3)
-avg score 5-15

test matches (however many innings we feel like playing for - carry on your score)
-avg score per innings 10-20

we call 10runs a '50' and 20 runs a 'century'

bowler - one fielder on the off side and a keeper. it's really technical and a few 'backyard style' techniques have been employed like the rolling-road-block which is charging slightly stand front on to protect the wickets and holding the bat vertically in front of your legs.

it's the best backyard i've ever played - just a shame that summer is now coming to an end - no more sunny evenings til 9pm.

i'll get some videos of game play - there is a great one of a stumpcam we made, with a casserole dish protecting the camera (removed middle stump) - first ball, swings from way outside off through the batsman and takes out the casserole dish - haha f*ck we laughed out **** off.

cheers,
steve.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Pharnos said:
it does look tight, with the rules though, it's an excellent backyard game!

each time you hit the ball the ball = 1 run, hit it past the bowlers stump = 2 runs
house on the full = out
over fence on the full = out
1 hand (not favoured hand) 1 bounce = out
regulation half electrical tape ball

we have 1 dayers (limited overs, 1 over from each fielder, usually 3)
-avg score 5-15

test matches (however many innings we feel like playing for - carry on your score)
-avg score per innings 10-20

we call 10runs a '50' and 20 runs a 'century'

bowler - one fielder on the off side and a keeper. it's really technical and a few 'backyard style' techniques have been employed like the rolling-road-block which is charging slightly stand front on to protect the wickets and holding the bat vertically in front of your legs.

it's the best backyard i've ever played - just a shame that summer is now coming to an end - no more sunny evenings til 9pm.

i'll get some videos of game play - there is a great one of a stumpcam we made, with a casserole dish protecting the camera (removed middle stump) - first ball, swings from way outside off through the batsman and takes out the casserole dish - haha f*ck we laughed out **** off.

cheers,
steve.
Welcome to the forums Steve.

As per the forum rules, please don't avoid the filter by swearing.

slovo

Cricket Spectator
in play video

wow thats one absolutely great backyard wicket

plz maybe you could post some tips about the wicket construction...and i really love to see a video of a match played on this great wicket.

Bye

Cloete

International Captain
Thanks for bringing up this thread :D

That's brilliant! I loevd the sightscreen on the car as well :D

Anyway slovo, welcome mate. Interesting location there. Didn't think Bolivia was too big on cricket! ;)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
That's awesome, Steve. It looks like a proper wicket. I'd love to see some videos of games being played on it.