• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Fails Again!!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Aus was lucky because of poor umpiring decisions which went against NZ, NZ would have won the 3rd match had the umpiring been better
I don't know. Every visiting country accuses the host country of biased umpiring. There definitely were poor decisions, but that is part and parcel of the game. In fact I saw one on the last day of the 3rd test. The Aussie high speed chase was coming unstuck and when Jason Gillespie walked in, the New Zealanders were scenting victory. Gillespie clearly(atleast it was clear in the replay) gloved a ball down the legside which was well taken by the 'keeper. The kiwis appealed, but the umpire didn't oblige. That could have been crucial in the final analysis, but I call that a bad decision in a high-pressure situation, not a biased decision. That kind of luck works both ways and it all evens out in the end, so I still don't think the Aussies were lucky.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
The Telegraph is totally untrustworthy. Can't read into it at all.
Which ones (British) do you consider reliable? I guess BBC should be one- they are pretty good...mostly. Any others?

devdas

Cricket Spectator
Originally posted by anilramavarma

I don't know. Every visiting country accuses the host country of biased umpiring. There definitely were poor decisions, but that is part and parcel of the game. In fact I saw one on the last day of the 3rd test. The Aussie high speed chase was coming unstuck and when Jason Gillespie walked in, the New Zealanders were scenting victory. Gillespie clearly(atleast it was clear in the replay) gloved a ball down the legside which was well taken by the 'keeper. The kiwis appealed, but the umpire didn't oblige. That could have been crucial in the final analysis, but I call that a bad decision in a high-pressure situation, not a biased decision. That kind of luck works both ways and it all evens out in the end, so I still don't think the Aussies were lucky.
When did i said that those decisions were biased?? I only mentioned that those poor decisions helped the Aussie cause and that is a fact, that kind of luck only benifetted one team and that was Aus.ALSO Flemming never accused Aus of Biased umpriring, they were plain unlucky and he only mentioned that.

The above mentioned Telegraph is an Australian newspaper, NOT an English one.I don't know why someone called it untrusworthy, i for one, agree with the newspaper report!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Which ones (British) do you consider reliable? I guess BBC should be one- they are pretty good...mostly. Any others?
I would suggest that the good old Grauniad is as reliable as any for cricket coverage, followed by The Times.