• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inzi causing tention

DesithrillDotCo

Cricket Spectator
Inzi is great cricketer and all. Lots of respect for him. Last 2 ODI's against India Inzi screwed up. And both losses after this event where the ball he stoped with his bat and then India apealed (well deserved appeal) was given out. I think Inzi should have had let it go. Pakistan team was well focused and had no worries after that incident Inzi spoke out then Rahul Dravid said causing tension to Inzi and to the Pakistani Team. (not blaming to rahul)
In Rawalpindi Inzi should have chosen to Ball first.
In Lahore I will never understand why Rana Navid was kept on bowling while Malik was not even tried.
I am sorry but i blame Inzi for both ODI's , He has caused stress to team and tohim self and not able to make right decisions on right time.
In other hand India is back on top more focused now. Good luck Pakistan.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I read an interesting article criticizing his desire to stir trouble from nothing in what has otherwise been a rather well-contested and keen series. It was very well-written and I was pleased to see that it was by the Pakistan editor of Cricinfo, which basically gives it credibility in the eyes of many.

EDIT: The article.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
DesithrillDotCo said:
Inzi is great cricketer and all. Lots of respect for him. Last 2 ODI's against India Inzi screwed up. And both losses after this event where the ball he stoped with his bat and then India apealed (well deserved appeal) was given out. I think Inzi should have had let it go. Pakistan team was well focused and had no worries after that incident Inzi spoke out then Rahul Dravid said causing tension to Inzi and to the Pakistani Team. (not blaming to rahul)
In Rawalpindi Inzi should have chosen to Ball first.
In Lahore I will never understand why Rana Navid was kept on bowling while Malik was not even tried.
I am sorry but i blame Inzi for both ODI's , He has caused stress to team and tohim self and not able to make right decisions on right time.
In other hand India is back on top more focused now. Good luck Pakistan.
Yeah two ODI losses to India and suddenly Inzi has started creating tension ?? Sack him now and make Afridi the captain..that will do Pakistan lot of good.

Is it possible that Indians just played better ?

yohanna

Banned
Sanz said:
The way Pakistan is bowling,batting and fielding, i'm not sure as to how India would be able not to play better than Pakistan!

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Well actually, in the last ODI, the way he sorted out that little disagreeance between Gul and Yuvraj was very responsible, he obviously has honest intentions.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sanz said:
Yeah two ODI losses to India and suddenly Inzi has started creating tension ?? Sack him now and make Afridi the captain..that will do Pakistan lot of good.

Don't be silly. That's not the point of the thread really. As fas as I can tell, it centres around Inzamam's ill-advised comments pertaining to the Indian appeal for his dismissal in the second match. It's a perfectly reasonable accusation, because he was stirring trouble where there really needn't be any.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Don't be silly. That's not the point of the thread really. As fas as I can tell, it centres around Inzamam's ill-advised comments pertaining to the Indian appeal for his dismissal in the second match. It's a perfectly reasonable accusation, because he was stirring trouble where there really needn't be any.
Well IMO it is unreasonable and stupid. Pakistan didn't play well, India did. As simple as that. Accusing Inzi of creating an unnecessary controversy is fine but using that an excuse basically reeks of arrogance and somehow suggests that Pakistan were going to roll over India if not for Inzi's comments.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Well... was that not a reasonable assumption, especially after the First ODI?
Err NO. India played well in the first match and had good chance of winning if it were not for the D/L.

Secondly, this post was made after 3rd ODI not 1st.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Which has what to do with what...?
Fact is, Pakistan were clearly massively the better side after the First ODI - DuckworthLewis didn't alter the result - and to suggest they might've won 5-0 wasn't unreasonable.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Fact is, Pakistan were clearly massively the better side after the First ODI -
Massively? Winning by 3 wickets with a couple balls left (if thats what happened) is hardly massive. And how often does a side get washed out 5-0 (Australia, Zimbabwe, and Bangladesh excluded)...especially a side that recently went 6-1 and 2-2.

Aren't you Brits supposed to avoid exaggerations?

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't mean they were massively better just based on the First ODI, Pakistan have been playing very good ODI cricket since the Third ODI of the last India series. India haven't. They managed to beat a downtrodden Sri Lankan side recently and have otherwise been very poor in ODIs since the VB finals of 2003\04.
It's no exaggeration to say that 5-0 would've been a reasonable assumption, even if it wasn't at all a foregone-conclusion.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Sanz said:
Well IMO it is unreasonable and stupid. Pakistan didn't play well, India did. As simple as that. Accusing Inzi of creating an unnecessary controversy is fine but using that an excuse basically reeks of arrogance and somehow suggests that Pakistan were going to roll over India if not for Inzi's comments.
How does that change the fact that Inzamam ranted over a nothing issue, suggested that the incident could strain relations between the two teams, and basically insulted Rahul Dravid and his team? Is that not causing tension? No one's saying it's intentional, but the fact remains that it has caused unnecessary drama.

DesithrillDotCo

Cricket Spectator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
How does that change the fact that Inzamam ranted over a nothing issue, suggested that the incident could strain relations between the two teams, and basically insulted Rahul Dravid and his team? Is that not causing tension? No one's saying it's intentional, but the fact remains that it has caused unnecessary drama.
Exactly I predicted Pakistan can lose after this drama.When Teams are playing international cricket all team are great. At the end of the day team which wins has better understanding, no politics, no Drama, and no tensions.Inzi once again nothing to be taken personally caused unnecessary tension to well focused Pakistani team. I told my co-worker who is indian and I am Pakistani here we go... Now Pakistani team will be less focused and more will try to even it up with India... and this will make winning Pakistani team to a losing Pakistani team.

Yes India Played well. no one is denying that Dhoni is a great cricketer.

nehrafan

Banned
DesithrillDotCo said:

Yes India Played well. no one is denying that Dhoni is a great cricketer.
Indeed he is:) and he certainly loves Pak bowling.

I hope he scores a double ton in a ODI match against Pakistan.My dream is that India scores 400+ runs in a ODI match against Pak, with a player scoring double ton against the mighty Pak pace attack, and then the Indian team bowling out Pak for 120 run total:)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richard said:
Well... was that not a reasonable assumption, especially after the First ODI?
Richard said:
I don't mean they were massively better just based on the First ODI, Pakistan have been playing very good ODI cricket since the Third ODI of the last India series. India haven't. They managed to beat a downtrodden Sri Lankan side recently and have otherwise been very poor in ODIs since the VB finals of 2003\04.
It's no exaggeration to say that 5-0 would've been a reasonable assumption, even if it wasn't at all a foregone-conclusion.
India have been on top of the Pakistani bowling in every game. When they needed to knuckle down and wait until conditions got easier to bat on they did, and when conditions favoured batting they blasted away That's a stupid assumption actually.

You mean to suggest that Inzy's comments have now resulted in what looked to be a 5-0 drubbing by Pakistan into a 2-1 lead so far by India? Is that what you are seriously suggesting?

And to deny India played well against South Africa in the recent ODI series, even if the conditions always favoured the team bowling first, would be stupid. India may have played poorly from the 2003/04 VB Series Finals (actually its more like since the ODI series win over Pakistan in 2004, because India played well in that series too) up until the Sri Lankan ODI series, but from then on India have been an improving ODI side with good youngsters coming through and players such as Dhoni and Yuvraj maturing.

Last edited:
Read this,taken from a Pak newspaper

INZAMAM has won many matches for Pakistan as a batsman but never a single game due to his captaincy. If we are to be serious contenders for the World Cup, it is time to let Younis Khan lead the side. Inzamam almost always gets things wrong where some analytical thinking is required.

He may be able to inspire himself to batting greatness but does little to motivate his team members other than ask them to huddle as if they are playing American rules football. Inzamam may have brought discipline to the team but discipline without aggression and innovation is not a winning formula.

Pakistan can only win if they bowl other sides out. We have never produced outstanding batting nor fielding teams — dropping Sami and Kaneria is mind-boggling. And whoever gave the order for the flat pitches during the Test series takes the responsibility for Shoaib Akhtar’s latest injury — similar to what Imran Khan suffered bowling his heart out on pitches prepared by selectors afraid of losing or batting captains protecting their track records.

MOHAMMED BALUCH
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia