• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo's Top Five Player Searches...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
Yet any flaws (stated by many people) in your system are ignored as they're not in your view flaws.
I've pointed-out that what some people have attempted to use as flaws in the first-chance system are not flaws, but I've never said it's flawless.
Funny how the in control thing has the flaws which you deny exist when it suits you...
When have I ever used the NIC\PWT to attempt to turn anything in my favour?
I never have.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Bump.

Back to topic:

Chris Gayle - Monty Panesar - Sanath Jayasuriya - Brian Lara - MS Dhoni

I reckon we can get Jack up there.

Just refresh this link loads :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You're refreshing the search of 'JP McNamara', hence continously searching for him.

Go Jack, get in the top 5.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Adam Gilchrist - Brett Lee - Rahul Dravid - Darren Gough - Kyle Mills

The first three I get - status as players and/or icons. Goughie you can put down to Strictly Come Dancing... but Kyle Mills?

Any ideas? Anyone fancy a concerted refresh-based effort to get JP McNamara up there?
It most probably is a daily search report and depends mostly on ongoing matches/events.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Re: Mills, people saw Voltman's signature (which is a bit of a cop out - if you make a silly bet re your avatar you can't put a disclaimer up! :) ) and decided to see where "Goatland" is.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
I've pointed-out that what some people have attempted to use as flaws in the first-chance system are not flaws, but I've never said it's flawless.
I knew it - Richard's problem is one of Global Marketing.

Now if the ICC had last year been outsourced to Seattle instead of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, I am confident that Bill Gates would have looked favourably upon our wonderful game and given it his everlasting seal of approval......

The first thing they would have tried is a name-change, of course, in order to satisfy the Far East market (because Japan is traditionally where the Big Buck$ are). However, it's unlikely that the translation back into American of "Clappy hitting ball three sticky run drinking Pimm's game" would have proved the hit they had originally envisaged at home because there are no plans for McDonalds to actually do a McPimms.

So 'Cricket' it has always been, and in principle 'Cricket' is what it will always be. Still, if there is to be a future for the old 'First Chance Average' concept in the global game, then I am sure you will agree that the concept of 'Flaws' cannot be entertained - no sirree, not in this Corporate Identity. Microsoft Cricky 2007 1.0 (to be released in 2009) will have no 'Flaws' at all.

Once we have gone through extensive User Acceptance Testing I feel confident that any remaining flaws in the concept of 'First Chance Mosaic Geo-demographic Penetrative Run-Scoring Variance' will have been properly re-labelled as 'Features'.

One final suggestion - when the game stutters to a halt whilst everyone is waiting for a Third Umpire decision such as a close run-out, a batsman appeal, a bowler counter-appeal, a fielder counter-counter appeal, a management counter-counter-counter-appeal or one of Billy Bowden's signals 'hanging' or going into a loop, sightscreens will indicate this pause by turning blue.

Oh yes, one final, final suggestion.

Umpires should not say 'Play' at the start of a session. They should say 'CTRL-ALT-DELETE'.

Last edited: