Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think about India flexing its muscles?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    How can any team that has Fardin as a future international be considered uninteresting?
    Quite right. I'm expecting a strong showing from The Magical Land of Make-believe in the next ICC Trophy...
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    They pretty much withdrew from the Challenger series, canceled the tour to new zealand, about to undertake a smaller tour to west indies, and are threatening to set up their own touring program outside of the ICC FTP.
    About to? Really? The President of the WICB said in a speech yesterday that they are yet to receive a formal request from the BCCI. Even so, simply because the BCCI requests it doesn't mean it will come to pass.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Is it a good thing if the best test teams (India, England, Australia, Pakistan) played each other more often, in Ashes-style 5 match series?

What happens to the 'poorer' teams?
    It is a good thing, as the ICC´s idea about everyone playing everyone isnt good for cricket.

cricket needs its top sides to play eachother regularly over 5-match series. I hope it leads to that.

I am also not worried about India dominating too much.
    If they became unreasonable, I would expect England and Australia to stick together as they want the ashes and then the windies, south africa and NZ would join them, which is enough to be able to stage lots of good cricket meaning India cant go too far and I dont think they will.

what happens to the minnows is the difficult one.

Basically the top teams will want to play the minnows if they can perform but not when they cant. this suggest a division system but the top teams also want to safeguard the more consistently popular fixtures.

I think we are looking at some sort of informal 2 division system where some of the teams cant be relegated but others can.
    It may be unfair but its the only way, really, and it could work well enough.

It would basically mean that if India or England keep getting hammered then they would still get the top fixtures whereas New Zealand or bangladesh would lose such fixtures but its ok for me if NZ can get back to play the top teams if they start to play well.

we cant be completly fair as its bad for cricket and frankly NZ with a 4 million population and cricket well down the popularity list, it wouldnt be fair to let them stand in the way.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I think it's very possibly going to have a pretty detrimental effect on the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Pinball Champion!
    Errr...sure. South Africa. Is there a more uninteresting team in international cricket?

But yes, South Africa would be on that list.
    Ah yes, sorry I forgot that Kemp, Pollock, Nel, Ntini, Gibbs, Boucher etc. were actually really boring.. thanks for enlightening me
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

pug
    U19 Vice-Captain
    But the corrupt BCCI? BCCI are not much better than Bvute and Chingoka. Except they hide it better.
    Minor uninteresting detail... they don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information