• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's biggest whingers

Langeveldt

Soutie
Interesting topic, I'm thinking along the lines of

Ricky Ponting (obviously)
Graham Smith
Peter Roebuck

More to come..

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Ponting is the biggest whiner in terms of frequency but when he does, he's incessant. I mean him going on about Gary Pratt was intolerable but this latest episode makes him and the team look a bit precious about having lost the Ashes. I mean, what happened to "Oh, it was just a privilege to play in one of the greatest series of all time"? Now it's "Oh, it actually DID hurt to lose!". Makes the statements made along the lines of hte former appear pretty hollow now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
I don't think Ponting is the biggest whiner in terms of frequency but when he does, he's incessant. I mean him going on about Gary Pratt was intolerable but this latest episode makes him and the team look a bit precious about having lost the Ashes. I mean, what happened to "Oh, it was just a privilege to play in one of the greatest series of all time"? Now it's "Oh, it actually DID hurt to lose!". Makes the statements made along the lines of hte former appear pretty hollow now.
The only reason he might not be the biggest whiner in terms of frequency is because Australia don't lose very often. For those who missed Ponting's latest episode:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/236061.html

I love the caption on the picture... so true. He is definitely cricket's biggest whinger.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
From the article geordie fishface linked to...

"Looking back at a week or two's time it will probably be quite funny, but on our night - the Australian cricket team's night of nights for the whole year - I didn't think the timing was that good."

Oh dear, as the saying goes.

In my opinion, Ricky Ponting's reaction proves that the timing by Tuffers was absolutely perfect. It's about time Ricky realised that this game of cricket that he is so fortunate to play at a high level - so blessed in fact that I am sure he will be remembered as an all-time great of the highest order, it purely and simply that - a game.

The night should be a celebration of all the things that are great about Australian cricket (and you don't need an Urn for that) - it seems that some want it to be a night for mutual back-slapping and self-admiration.

What a prize one.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Do you wake up in the middle of the night thinking you might have dropped the Ashes? I have got Herschelle Gibbs' phone number here if you want some counseling."

Beauty.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Graeme "The Witness" Smith
Ricky Ponting
SImon Katich
Ray Illingworth
Bob Willis

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
got to be Smith! and punter just has no sense of humor.

Last edited: