• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's biggest whingers

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BoyBrumby said:
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned KP at all. As much as I love him I find the whole "racial quotas, whites not given a fair go in South Africa, selection not merit-based" justification for him upping sticks & coming to the mother country a bit tiresome. If he'd have stayed he would have played for SA eventually, I have absolutely no doubt about that. He's simply too big a talent for them to have ignored.
There's something to be said for the fact that he only turned it on with the bat when he set his mind on England though. Some may attribute it to maturity and whatnot, but it could be more than that. Suffice to say, when he left South Africa for England, no one would have called him anything more than mediocre in a stretch.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's something to be said for the fact that he only turned it on with the bat when he set his mind on England though. Some may attribute it to maturity and whatnot, but it could be more than that. Suffice to say, when he left South Africa for England, no one would have called him anything more than mediocre in a stretch.
Yeah I remember reading something like that before too. I find it so amazing that no-one saw his long-ball hitting ability early-on, though. Forget numbers; a guy who plays with as straight a bat as he does and hits the ball as hard is a rare find so it's amazing no-one picked up on it.I remember reading he was considered to have more talent with the ball. Amazing.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I would like to add Inzamam ul Haq's name to this list. He is one of my fav. players but off late he has been whining a lot.

Butterteeth

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Surely Murali...

Murali has got to rate a mention doesn't he?
Complaining about Australian crowds shouting 'NO BALL' whenever he bowls?
Oh Please!!
He is a professional sportsman - what the crowd say to him should be irrelevant and shouldn't effect him at all. Sign of a bit of mental weakness if you ask me.
Get over yourself Murali!!

:wacko:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Butterteeth said:
Oh Please!!
He is a professional sportsman - what the crowd say to him should be irrelevant and shouldn't effect him at all. Sign of a bit of mental weakness if you ask me.

Looks like you'll be a valuable adition to the forum... 8-)

Chubb

International Regular
Mark Vermeulen has done some things to merit a place here:

1. Pulling the stumps out of the ground and storming off during a school match, claiming he had been triggered by the opposition umpire (obviously he was his schools' best player and felt he was being targeted). This earned him a six-month ban and scandalised him across the Zimbabwean cricket community, until Bill Flower, (father of... well, it;s obvious really) got him back in.

2. Refusing to travel on the team bus after getting a pair at Chester-le-Street, stomping out of the ground trying to walk back to the hotel, earning him a ban

3. Injured himself punching the dressing room wall after receiving what he thought was a bad decision in South Africa this winter

Vermy isn't a bad person, from what I've heard, he's just use to getting his own way because of his privileged upbringing (his family had an indoor tennis court- in Zimbabwe!) and he's kind of a Zimbok Graeme Smith- half the average, twice the attitude.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Butterteeth said:
Oh Please!!

Welcome to the forum, Butt Teeth.

You and I well get on just fine.

Butterteeth

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Thank you Gents - nice to be here.
I shall endeavour to keep my posts intelligent, wise, insiteful (or is that insightful?) and at all times though provoking......actually I'm setting myself up to fail with that last one but good to be here nonetheless. 8-)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Butterteeth said:
Thank you Gents - nice to be here.
I shall endeavour to keep my posts intelligent, wise, insiteful (or is that insightful?) and at all times though provoking......actually I'm setting myself up to fail with that last one but good to be here nonetheless. 8-)
If they are thought-provoking, then you will indeed be a very valuable addition to the forum.

Nice pooch, by the way.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Butterteeth said:
Oh Please!!

Interesting to see him get hit for 99 today! :D

Autobahn

State 12th Man
SirBloody Idiot said:
Anybody complaining about Ponting standing his ground in the match today.
It's annoying that when other batsmen stand their ground everyone's complaining that he's undermining the umpire and yet when ponting does it suddenly he's somehow different.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
SirBloody Idiot said:
Anybody complaining about Ponting standing his ground in the match today.
He didn't do anything wrong by standing his ground...what gets me though is that he had a few words with the Sri Lankans yet couldn't take Tufnell's gentle jibes. All this talk about being prepared to get it as good as they give it is rubbish.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Top_Cat said:
Yeah I remember reading something like that before too. I find it so amazing that no-one saw his long-ball hitting ability early-on, though. Forget numbers; a guy who plays with as straight a bat as he does and hits the ball as hard is a rare find so it's amazing no-one picked up on it.I remember reading he was considered to have more talent with the ball. Amazing.
He was a jobbing off spinner who batted a bit, hence the "What the hell are you moaning at" when he left.. I think England have Nottinghamshire to thank for realizing his talent explosion in the early 2000's..