• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's biggest whingers

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Ricky Ponting is just ultra competitive...that's partly why he is so good.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, got to say Craig "Press and Public have it in for me" McMillan.

What about David Lloyd and Geoff Boycott? Just those whingy voices. "We flippin' murdered 'em"

Langeveldt

Soutie
sirjeremy11 said:
Yeah, got to say Craig "Press and Public have it in for me" McMillan.

What about David Lloyd and Geoff Boycott? Just those whingy voices. "We flippin' murdered 'em"
Nah Llloyd's a genuinely affable chap who just had a rubbish time in Zimbabwe and lost it.. Would put him in my most cheery cricketers secion

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
"I'm not sure whose idea that was, but it certainly made us a bit hungrier to take on the English who are coming here in 290 days time, so we're looking forward to that."

lol, I can't believe Ponting knows how many days there are until the Ashes start.

But seriously, the biggest whingers are the commentators -- Ian Smith, Ian Chappell, Boycott, Botham.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
ohtani's jacket said:
"I'm not sure whose idea that was, but it certainly made us a bit hungrier to take on the English who are coming here in 290 days time, so we're looking forward to that."

lol, I can't believe Ponting knows how many days there are until the Ashes start.
Its called "getting revenge for being the last Australia captain to lose the Ashes in 18 years"

Not that it would make people forget that fact. I know I won't....:dry:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
ohtani's jacket said:

It was being touted all night by Eddie McGuire and the rest, it would've been hard NOT to know by the time Ponting took the stage.

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Basically ponting has had it all his own way for ages and just can't cope with failure in the ashes.

That's why ponting will never rate as a great aussie captain for me, far too used too winning and unsure how to cope with defeat and criticism much like steve waugh, the last aussie captain worth his salt was Mark Taylor, who managed to build a team of invincibles from the foundations of Border and yet had the maturity to deal with defeat.

Craig

World Traveller
Shane Warne can be annoying at times and "The man most unlikely ever to play Test cricket for Australia and for anybody apart from Zimbabwe and Bangladesh but did" Scott Muller had the cry of a lifetime over the "can't bowl, can't throw" by infamous Joe the Cameraman.

Brad Williams (that's right you still remember him?) had one big sook when he got left out for Nathan Bracken at the 'Gabba in 2003.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Brad Williams (that's right you still remember him?) had one big sook when he got left out for Nathan Bracken at the 'Gabba in 2003.
He chucked another sad when he was dropped from the Warriors 4-day side too :laughing: Hes a shocker.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned KP at all. As much as I love him I find the whole "racial quotas, whites not given a fair go in South Africa, selection not merit-based" justification for him upping sticks & coming to the mother country a bit tiresome. If he'd have stayed he would have played for SA eventually, I have absolutely no doubt about that. He's simply too big a talent for them to have ignored.

To be fair to the big fella he took his lumps like a man in SA in 04/05 & answered all the saffie cries of "traitor" in the best possible manner.