Page 1 of 218 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 3264
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ***Official Australia in South Africa***

  1. #1
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,792

    ***Official Australia in South Africa***


  2. #2
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,792
    My Aussie Test Squad of 14

    Langer
    Hayden
    Ponting
    Hodge
    Hussey
    Clarke
    Watson

    Gilchrist

    Warne
    MacGill

    McGrath (Gillespie)
    Tait
    Lee
    Bracken
    Last edited by howardj; 08-02-2006 at 12:20 AM.

  3. #3
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,792
    My Aussie ODI Squad of 14

    Jacques
    Gilchrist
    Ponting
    Martyn
    Clarke
    Hussey
    Symonds
    Watson

    Hogg
    Lee
    Bracken
    McGrath (Gillespie)
    Tait
    Clark
    Last edited by howardj; 08-02-2006 at 12:20 AM.

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    I doubt Katich will get dropped from the ODI squad and Symonds from the Test Squad.

    My Squads would be:

    Test: Hayden, Langer, Jaques, Ponting, Hodge, Hussey, Symonds, Watson, Gilchrist, Warne, MacGill, Lee, McGarth (Gillespie), Tait

    ODI: Katich, Gilchrist, Jaques, Ponting, Martyn, Symonds, Clarke, Hussey, Watson, Lee, Hogg, McGarth (Tait), Bracken, Clark
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS


  5. #5
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    My Aussie Test Squad of 14

    Langer
    Hayden
    Ponting
    Hodge
    Hussey
    Clarke
    Watson

    Gilchrist

    Warne
    MacGill

    McGrath (Gillespie)
    Tait
    Lee
    Bracken
    Agree with the side. But with the bowling if McGrath gets over his problems soon you have him in obviously & i would pick Dizzy over Bracken.

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    My Aussie ODI Squad of 14

    Jacques
    Gilchrist
    Ponting
    Martyn
    Clarke
    Hussey
    Symonds
    Watson

    Hogg
    Lee
    Bracken
    McGrath (Gillespie)
    Tait
    Clark
    Its going to be though for Katich to be dropped now for Jaques, he is 90% secured of going to SA. Also dont thin all of 5 seamers willl go, Hopes should be in their, the 4 seamers once McGrath is fine should be Lee, McGrath, Bracken, Tait. But if not hopefully the selectors go for Dizzy & dont retain guys like Clark & Lewis.

    *Prays for Jayasuriya & co to destroy Clark and Lewis in VB series finals & Katich to fail miserably*
    Last edited by aussie; 08-02-2006 at 01:09 AM.

  7. #7
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,273
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    But if not hopefully the selectors go for Dizzy & dont retain guys like Clark & Hussey

  8. #8
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,792
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    Its going to be though for Katich to be dropped now for Jaques, he is 90% secured of going to SA. Also dont thin all of 5 seamers willl go, Hopes should be in their, the 4 seamers once McGrath is fine should be Lee, McGrath, Bracken, Tait. But if not hopefully the selectors go for Dizzy & dont retain guys like Clark & Hussey

    *Prays for Jayasuriya & co to destroy Clark and Lewis in VB series finals & Katich to fail miserably*
    Jacques should be ahead of Katich, though. Secondly, I don't rate Hopes at all. Finally, ideally I would have picked another spinner instead of Clark, but there is a dearth of them, at least for ODI's, at present - especially considering Cullen most likely won't be considered, due to injury and lack of cricket.

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    haha, i meant Clark.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    Jacques should be ahead of Katich, though. Secondly, I don't rate Hopes at all. Finally, ideally I would have picked another spinner instead of Clark, but there is a dearth of them, at least for ODI's, at present - especially considering Cullen most likely won't be considered, due to injury and lack of cricket.
    1. Agreed, but you got to admit at least for the SA tour unless Katich fails miserably in the VB series finals & Jaques just keeps smoking runs in the ING cup, Katich will go to SA.

    2. Well thats your view, for me he is good versatile player and a bloke to have in the OD team i've been fairly impressed with his batting, the selectors could bat him anywhere & even though he was smashed by Jayasuriya in Sydney & was expensive in the SA game his bowling most times has been steady.

    3. Well with the super-sub rule, i dont really think their is much need for a second spinner to back up hogg even in the case of injury, i'm prretty sure Symo could do that role better than Cullen right now. Also i'm not sure if OD cricket would be the best way to introduce Cullen on the international stage either...

  11. #11
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,607
    Tait reckons he won't be ready for the ODI series over there in SA.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  12. #12
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,273
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    haha, i meant Clark.
    So you don't want them to retain "guys like Clark & Clark"?

  13. #13
    State Vice-Captain Demolition Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Perth, Australia.
    Posts
    1,303
    Katich does not belong in the Aussie ODI side. Simple as that.
    He will go eventually, he is struglling to keep his head above water at the moment, it is only a matter of time before he drowns. Although I must admit he seems to have had more lives than most so far.

  14. #14
    State Vice-Captain mavric41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolition Man
    Although I must admit he seems to have had more lives than most so far.
    Thats why they call him the Kat.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

  15. #15
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    0-3 (although if we get to see the likes of Dorey and Tait playing, SA could be in with a shout at a test match)
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

Page 1 of 218 1231151101 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Great Test Matches..
    By Neil Pickup in forum General
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 07:17 PM
  2. Player Photos
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 27-11-2005, 02:56 PM
  3. South Africa bigger threat to Australia than England
    By EnglishRose in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 13-07-2005, 10:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •