• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in South Africa***

Dixie Flatline

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So no Botha - who will bowl the tweakers for South Africa?

Seriously, I hope that Dorey is left behind. He just isn't up to scratch yet, in terms of his international class.

howardj

International Coach
Be awesome to see Kallis back in the Test series - fresh from his century and half-century, in the 3rd Test at the SCG.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Boje should be available for the tests, I hear he was playing for the whoopdeedooda snakes or whatever the free state are called a few weeks ago..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
0-3 (although if we get to see the likes of Dorey and Tait playing, SA could be in with a shout at a test match)
Dorey yes, but not Tait since if he bowls well with his pace on those boucy SA tracks could be a handful.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
This is the first time the new look Aussie side will be playing on foreign soil. It is the first tour since the Ashes also, so I don't think it will be that easy for the Aussies. If McGrath is missing we could be in a lot of trouble as I can see lee being very expensive on the Saffie pitches and can't see there being much assistance for Bracken either.
yes if McGrath doesn't make it for the test series at least it could be trouble for Australia, but even so i dont think Lee will be as expensive as you think in SA, on evidence of his bowling in test this summer i think he will be fairly economical.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Boje should be available for the tests, I hear he was playing for the whoopdeedooda snakes or whatever the free state are called a few weeks ago..
for SA sake they would be better off not playing him even though he your best spinner, an all-out seam attack of Pollock/Ntini/Nel/Langeveldt would be a better option.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
yes if McGrath doesn't make it for the test series at least it could be trouble for Australia, but even so i dont think Lee will be as expensive as you think in SA, on evidence of his bowling in test this summer i think he will be fairly economical.
Didn't he go over 4 an over, whilst averaging over 40?!

Dixie Flatline

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Langeveldt said:
Boje was dropped for Sydney, the so-called "spinners paradise", after a poor Melbourne Test. Would the South Africans go back to him if Botha is unavailable, or would they take a punt on another spinner?