• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

David Boon Facts!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I read that as 'David Boon Faces' and was immediately very afraid.

Luckily, the first bit was about him removing his underpants - a much better proposition (especially if he were to then cover his face).

Welcome to CricketWeb - yes, I do find it amusing.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When a Danish newspaper published a cartoon of David Boon without a moustache, Tasmanians from around the world started rioting.

David Boon keeps in constant communication with his fellow Tasmanian Ricky Ponting using a series of high-frequency clicks and whistles which can be heard halfway around the globe.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
andyc said:
David Boon keeps in constant communication with his fellow Tasmanian Ricky Ponting using a series of high-frequency clicks and whistles which can be heard halfway around the globe.
So was Edgbaston really Boonie's fault?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Some of them are absolutely brilliant. Often, the ones I like are the ones with the lower marks.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Luverly stuff there.....

After reading a few of them, I start to wonder about his moustache.....:ph34r:

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
In games of skill, an inexperienced player may be referred to as a NOOB, meaning he is the complete opposite of David Boon.

Boonie's tears don't cure cancer, but they do cure a hard earned thirst as they are 4.9% alcohol.

o lord....

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaah

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is singularly the greatest site ever, better even then The "Huns yellow pages", and I don't say that lightly:blink:

"David Boon once straddled an Emu and rode it into Australian parliament demanding the eradication of all girly drinks. As a result, Daiquiris were banned in three states.":laugh:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
When a player is out for no runs, it is called a Duck. This is due to David Boon's penchant for Chinese BBQ Duck. He would often step up to the crease only to leave immediately, saying 'I'm out for a duck'.

Genius.