• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali's Ugly Slip Up

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think I'm a particularly hot-headed type but if I was Murali and some guy did what the crowd-member did, I would at the very least have made him fearful for his personal well-being.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So Murali would have just pretended to bowl at him, hence giving him the evil eyes :D

Deja moo

International Captain
TBH, without inviting further debate on it, I think too much was made of the Chappell issue.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I can't believe in 2006 someone blacks up their face to go to a cricket match!! Jesus. I don't think I'm some rampant PC Nazi, but am I the only one to consider that beyond the pale?

Charmless turd was lucky to get away with the bird from Murali. Certain sportsmen take a more proactive approach to dealing with racist divots....

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
I can't believe in 2006 someone blacks up their face to go to a cricket match!! Jesus. I don't think I'm some rampant PC Nazi, but am I the only one to consider that beyond the pale?

Charmless turd was lucky to get away with the bird from Murali. Certain sportsmen take a more proactive approach to dealing with racist divots....

And we all know what a genius Cantona was 8-)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
^^^ oh man! who's that guy?
Of course it is Eric Cantona of Man United !!

Strangely a Great Manchester United legend who played very little for France a bit like Tottenhams legendary Frenchman whose name escapes me.....:laugh:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
JASON said:
Of course it is Eric Cantona of Man United !!

Strangely a Great Manchester United legend who played very little for France a bit like Tottenhams legendary Frenchman whose name escapes me.....:laugh:
And the reason both of them played so little for France was that no-one loved them other than themselves

Hold on, I can see a new Man U motto in there somewhere

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Yeah I am utterly shocked, disgusted and appalled. How dare he show the middle finger to a guy who had painted his face black and had no-ball written on his chest. After all the Aussie crowds have been so good to him over the years and this is how he pays them back!!

Murali I am deeply disapointed in you........

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
Mecnun said:
Yeah I am utterly shocked, disgusted and appalled. How dare he show the middle finger to a guy who had painted his face black and had no-ball written on his chest. After all the Aussie crowds have been so good to him over the years and this is how he pays them back!!

Murali I am deeply disapointed in you........
I'd say Murali probably won a few Australians over as a result of that action

steds

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Strangely a Great Manchester United legend who played very little for France
45 caps between 1987 and 1994. Would have been alot more but for Aimé Jacquet pensioning him, Ginola (the one who's name slipped your mind :p ) and Jean-Pierre Papin off early (well, early for Cantona and Papin...)