• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A small wish from the Indian skipper

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/pakvind/content/story/235670.html

'We do not need any extra motivation' - Dravid

Cricinfo staff

February 4, 2006

Rahul Dravid: 'The postmortem of the Test series shows that we will have to play the key players in the positions suited to them.' © AFP

Rahul Dravid has said that experiments during the one-day series against Pakistan will depend on strategy and indicated that key players will play in their usual positions.

"Shuffling of batting order will depend on strategy and other conditions but the postmortem of the Test series shows that we will have to play the key players in the positions suited to them," said Dravid. "It [the ODIs] would be an altogether different ball game from the Tests. We have a young team and we will not make many changes in it. We would mostly be opening with Sehwag and Tendulkar. We also have Gautam Gambhir."

He ruled out notions of the team having low morale after the loss in the third Test at Karachi. "We do not need any extra motivation for the ODIs. That we are playing Pakistan is motivation in itself for the team. Pakistan are playing at home and we know that we are up against a good side. They've done well so far. It will be a nice challenge.

"We didn't do well with the new ball and we've to learn to play well under pressure," said Dravid when asked to comment on Sunil Gavaskar's criticism of India's performance at Karachi. "We also need to have a bowler who can take 20 wickets in a Test."

I thought that was what all teams needed. :blink:
He is not asking for much, is he? 8-) :laugh:

Deja moo

International Captain
honestbharani said:
"We also need to have a bowler who can take 20 wickets in a Test."

I thought that was what all teams needed. :blink:
He is not asking for much, is he? 8-) :laugh:
I think he has had it with his bowlers. I mean, not too many skippers come out in public and question their bowlers in this manner.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
honestbharani said:
"We didn't do well with the new ball and we've to learn to play well under pressure," said Dravid when asked to comment on Sunil Gavaskar's criticism of India's performance at Karachi. "We also need to have a bowler who can take 20 wickets in a Test."
I always knew that Jim Laker was a loser.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Quite frankly, having said bowler is actually detrimental to the team - and Dravid should've known this. If said bowler gets injured or loses form, what then ? You need a team of bowlers who complement each other to prise out batsmen