• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Kumar Sangakkara Fan Club

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
well there was a thread similar to this before...could not find it. So anything you wanna write good about Sangakkara could be done here !!!

adharcric

International Coach
He's the best after Gilchrist, but Dhoni and Akmal are rising and that too very rapidly. I think they will be very dangerous in the 07 World Cup.

adharcric

International Coach
In fact, I'd rate them overall as follows.

1) Adam Gilchrist
2) Kumar Sangakarra
3) Kamran Akmal
4) Mahendra Singh Dhoni

the most talented of the bunch .. gilchrist
the most valuable to his team .. sangakarra
the most underrated (well maybe not anymore) .. akmal
the most devastating when he's on his game .. dhoni

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Boucher's is epitomised by his innings today, just when his team needed him, he got out for a golden.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
I'd just like to say that some of the coolest people wear #11 on their ODI shirt
Kumar Sangakarra is one of them

open365

International Vice-Captain
Keppers are some of the best batsmen to watch aren;t they?

Akamal is just amazing when playing well,his game is so simple but he justs hits the ball so cleanly,my favourite to watch out of the 4.

Sanga is a life saver for Sri-Lanka,han;t he scored 4 double centuries or something?that's amazing for a keeper.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
In fact, I'd rate them overall as follows.

1) Adam Gilchrist
2) Kumar Sangakarra
3) Kamran Akmal
4) Mahendra Singh Dhoni

the most talented of the bunch .. gilchrist
the most valuable to his team .. sangakarra
the most underrated (well maybe not anymore) .. akmal
the most devastating when he's on his game .. dhoni
I would say Sangakkara in the last 3 months has pipped past Gilchrist both in his batting (we all know of Gilly's batting woes of late both through the SA series and Vb until the 2 game enforced rest, not to mention his poor Ashes series ) and definitely in his keeping.

Boucher is definitely the better keeper of them all (of which there is little doubt in my mind after having seen some of the amazing stumpings and run outs he pulls out if given only half a chance - where sangakkara AND Gilly would mess up one out of 2 or one out of 3).

I would therefore rate -

Overall (considering last 3 months performance -ie recent form)
1 Sangakkara
2 Gilchrist
3 Boucher
4 Akmal
5 Dhoni

Keeping alone
1 Boucher
2 Sangakkara /Gilchrist/Akmal
3 Dhoni

Batting
1 Sangakkara
2 Akmal /Gilchrist
3 Dhoni/Boucher
I would there

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JASON said:
Keeping alone
1 Boucher
2 Sangakkara /Gilchrist/Akmal
3 Dhoni

Batting
1 Sangakkara
2 Akmal /Gilchrist
3 Dhoni/Boucher
I would there
IMO Akmal > Boucher, Gilchrist, Sangkkara, Dhoni in terms of 'keeping.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
33/3from3.3 said:
I'd just like to say that some of the coolest people wear #11 on their ODI shirt
Kumar Sangakarra is one of them
I'm another.

At present, picking my World Test XI, Kamran's in there.