Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: People with big mouth....

  1. #1
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    497

    People with big mouth....

    often end up with egg on their faces

    Prime example is V Sehwag, who seems to be getting worse than Akhtar. Akhtar infact seems to have learnt a lesson and these days he doesn't seems to be shooting his mouth off, but Sehwag is plain dumb.

    After scoring 254 in first match Sehwag said that he loved facing Pakistani bowlers! That Pakistan were scarred of India, and they only wanted to draw matches and were not thing of victory.Granted he played a great knock and has scored alot of runs, but what was the need of comming up with such a stupid statement?? I mean Younis Khan has scored more runs than any batsmen in current Indo_pak contest but he's always modest.Sehwag flopped in three consecutive innings after all that big talk.

    Inzamam retaliated to Sehwag's statement by saying that he would like to do his bat talking ... a smarter and mature approach which yielded good result for him and his team.



    I just hope Sehwag keeps his mouth shut in Onedayers and don't get orgasmic after scoring a ton in OD series

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,661
    Quote Originally Posted by warrioryohannan
    often end up with egg on their faces

    Prime example is V Sehwag, who seems to be getting worse than Akhtar. Akhtar infact seems to have learnt a lesson and these days he doesn't seems to be shooting his mouth off, but Sehwag is plain dumb.

    After scoring 254 in first match Sehwag said that he loved facing Pakistani bowlers! That Pakistan were scarred of India, and they only wanted to draw matches and were not thing of victory.Granted he played a great knock and has scored alot of runs, but what was the need of comming up with such a stupid statement?? I mean Younis Khan has scored more runs than any batsmen in current Indo_pak contest but he's always modest.Sehwag flopped in three consecutive innings after all that big talk.

    Inzamam retaliated to Sehwag's statement by saying that he would like to do his bat talking ... a smarter and mature approach which yielded good result for him and his team.



    I just hope Sehwag keeps his mouth shut in Onedayers and don't get orgasmic after scoring a ton in OD series
    What a surprising thread from a Pakistan fan...

  3. #3
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    What a surprising thread from a Pakistan fan...
    Except that i'm an Indian fan

  4. #4
    International Coach adharcric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    10,898
    Quote Originally Posted by warrioryohannan
    Except that i'm an Indian fan
    you traitor!


  5. #5
    International Coach adharcric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    10,898
    Quote Originally Posted by warrioryohannan
    I just hope Sehwag keeps his mouth shut in Onedayers and don't get orgasmic after scoring a ton in OD series
    I'll be more than happy if Sehwag gets 7 opportunities to get orgasmic in this one-day series. He can do as he pleases, as long as we win.

  6. #6
    International Captain Deja moo's Avatar
    Hexxagon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Navi Mumbai , India
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by warrioryohannan
    often end up with egg on their faces

    Prime example is V Sehwag, who seems to be getting worse than Akhtar. Akhtar infact seems to have learnt a lesson and these days he doesn't seems to be shooting his mouth off, but Sehwag is plain dumb.

    After scoring 254 in first match Sehwag said that he loved facing Pakistani bowlers! That Pakistan were scarred of India, and they only wanted to draw matches and were not thing of victory.Granted he played a great knock and has scored alot of runs, but what was the need of comming up with such a stupid statement?? I mean Younis Khan has scored more runs than any batsmen in current Indo_pak contest but he's always modest.Sehwag flopped in three consecutive innings after all that big talk.

    Inzamam retaliated to Sehwag's statement by saying that he would like to do his bat talking ... a smarter and mature approach which yielded good result for him and his team.



    I just hope Sehwag keeps his mouth shut in Onedayers and don't get orgasmic after scoring a ton in OD series
    I'd like to see you provide proof of him having said this, you troll.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

  7. #7
    U19 Cricketer
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    I'll be more than happy if Sehwag gets 7 opportunities to get orgasmic in this one-day series. He can do as he pleases, as long as we win.

    He should ensure that team India wins & play the match on the ground instead of shooting his mouth off at press conference (did Akhtar contaminated him??)

    [QUOTE]I'd like to see you provide proof of him having said this, you troll.[QUOTE]

    Please don't call names, as for proof, go ahead and do research on net urself

  8. #8
    State Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Tamil Nadu
    Posts
    964
    Sehwag likes to show off, much like Akhtar. Both are great sports men but happens to act like immature at times.

    Noone has dominated the bowlers more than Tendulkar but look how humble he is, he never tries to mock or humiliate the bowler.

    One last thing, if you make a big claim, then better live upto it, or get prepared for embaressment!
    ------------------------------------

  9. #9
    International Captain cameeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,902
    Glenn McGrath with his 5-0 Ashes prediction is another one..
    Proud Member of the Melbourne Demons ,'97,'98,'99,'05-'13
    Supporter of Melbourne Demons FC, Aston Villa FC, and the Flyers

    "This tournament is a joke. Grass is for cows, I'm never coming back." - Marat Safin

  10. #10
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Jeff Thomson calling Hoggard a net bowler..

    In fact, pretty much everyone of any major influence in international cricket has too big a mouth on them these days.. Except Rahul Dravid, and Shaun Pollock was nice and quiet..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  11. #11
    International Captain Deja moo's Avatar
    Hexxagon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Navi Mumbai , India
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by warrioryouhanan

    Please don't call names, as for proof, go ahead and do research on net urself
    In other words, you lie.

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    I'd like to see you provide proof of him having said this, you troll.
    What Sehwag actually went on record as saying was....

    (extracted from cricinfo article)

    Commenting that a result-oriented surface would have been a better idea, Sehwag said that India were prepared to play on any kind of pitch. "Pakistan probably didn't want to prepare seaming tracks," he said, "and thought that their bowlers will get us out on flat, hard wickets. But we fought back well and are ready to play on any sort of track. It's not a good wicket for a Test match and if we have to play a drawn series, there is no use coming here. I don't think it will produce a result and tomorrow will be more like batting practice."

  13. #13
    International Captain Deja moo's Avatar
    Hexxagon Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Navi Mumbai , India
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    What Sehwag actually went on record as saying was....

    (extracted from cricinfo article)

    Commenting that a result-oriented surface would have been a better idea, Sehwag said that India were prepared to play on any kind of pitch. "Pakistan probably didn't want to prepare seaming tracks," he said, "and thought that their bowlers will get us out on flat, hard wickets. But we fought back well and are ready to play on any sort of track. It's not a good wicket for a Test match and if we have to play a drawn series, there is no use coming here. I don't think it will produce a result and tomorrow will be more like batting practice."
    As I said, nothing to suggest that Pakistan were scared of India or were thinking of draws and not victory.

  14. #14
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,047
    Viru is Viru.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  15. #15
    International 12th Man deeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    perth, australia
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Viru is Viru.
    yup and you can all be in love with him, but when an aussie says something like that, or an englishman, you start calling him big headed etc. When an indian youngster comes through and does somethin decent, everyone says he's god. They talk him up so much. They almost always over-estimate their team. All this happens THROUGHOUT india, and then the players get big heads too. (some of them). The indian fans are so biased, they are absolutely blinded by some of the stupid comments they make. There are some on this board itself, that say some utterly ridicilous things, and they don't seem to notice how stupid it is.

    Dhoni has one good innings, and all of a sudden, he's better than gilly
    Pathan makes a couple of good knocks and he's the best all rounder in the world
    the list goes on and on and on.

    (i'm not saying YOU as in YOU jono, infact i dnt mean u at all, i'm talkin about indian fans in general..and for the record, i was born in australia, parents are both from india, and i support pakistan)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Aussie Detention Centres
    By Kimbo in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 18-09-2005, 05:20 AM
  2. You have been warned
    By luckyeddie in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 31-07-2005, 08:39 PM
  3. People on the website at one time
    By Langeveldt in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 14-12-2004, 03:12 PM
  4. Who is the five most evil people in the last 110 years
    By chris.hinton in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 16-07-2004, 08:25 AM
  5. Indian Elections
    By V Reddy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 19-06-2004, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •