• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib Akhtar and Shahid Afridi

DesithrillDotCo

Cricket Spectator
I am huge fan of both.
I am Pakistani residing in California.
I apologize to all Indian community in usa and all over the world on behaluf of Pakistan for the immature acts of both on field.
They both should not treat guests with disrespect.

Last edited:

DesithrillDotCo

Cricket Spectator
cric_manic said:
wat did they do or say?
I saw Afridi laughing at batsman when Shoaib did a bouncer to the indian batsman.

Then I saw Afridi as u can see in this pic.

Shoab i heard he did same thing to some batsman but i did not see it.

it may not be a big deal for some but i felt it was not nice .

nehrafan

Banned
DesithrillDotCo said:
I saw Afridi laughing at batsman when Shoaib did a bouncer to the indian batsman.

Then I saw Afridi as u can see in this pic.

Shoab i heard he did same thing to some batsman but i did not see it.

it may not be a big deal for some but i felt it was not nice .
Looks to me that Kumble is scaring the hell out of Afridi !

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You can't blame Afridi though, aren't we all afraid of engineers who have their pants really high?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Afridi and Akhtar are not good sports at all. The way Afridi tried to scuff up the pitch was disgraceful, to say the least. And he apparently almost came to blows with Younis Khan over a opening fracas in the Caribbean. And Akhtar's beamer looked like the most intentional beamer I have ever seen. Both men have HUGE talent but really, I won't recommend kids to take them as their heroes. I still think that the Pak team will have a problem with their unity once Inzy calls it a day. Younis had absolutely zero control over Afridi and Shoaib after the umps talked to Younis and he talked to them. Shoaib was still sledging Pathan after Younis had that chat. And Afridi was personally told by Rudi that he didn't wanna hear another word from his mouth. It will be interesting to follow developments after Inzy retires.

deeps

International 12th Man
wat exactly is wrong with the kumble and afridi staring at each other? They both stared, and they both probably had words. But this is nothing new in cricket..well it is, in that a spinner is glaring down at a batsman, and it's always usually a fast bowler.

But the windies used to do it all the time, bowl a killer bouncer, and stare down the batsman

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing like a bit of argie bargie. People take this too seriously, its more interesting and as long as its not anything really personal or racial i think its fine

Choora

State Regular
honestbharani said:
Younis had absolutely zero control over Afridi and Shoaib after the umps talked to Younis and he talked to them. Shoaib was still sledging Pathan after Younis had that chat. And Afridi was personally told by Rudi that he didn't wanna hear another word from his mouth. It will be interesting to follow developments after Inzy retires.
Younis KHan is a very strong guy, and he will become a very good captain, much better than present captain Inzi. When Younis had problem with Afridi, he was then newly appointed vice captain and Afridi had the full backing of Inzi.Whenever Younis will become the captain i'm sure he will get more power.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
People make too much of these 'incidents' - for goodness sake, cricket is a competitive sport played with emotions as well as a considerable amount of skill.

Langeveldt

Soutie
You shouldn't have to apologize for the fact that Afridi is a bit of an immature loser.. And isn't scuffing up the pitch akin to ball tampering? Don't see why it wasn't treated so harshly by people..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
First of all It is unfair to compare Shoaib and Afridi. Shoaib is a great guy on the field and off it whereas Afridi's is a disgrace.

Anil Kumble did similar stuff against Inzamam in 2004 series, In frustration he threw the ball to Wicket Keeper knowing very well that Inzi was standing in between. Had Inzi not ducked, he would have been hit by that ball. After that Instead of aplogizing Kumble had the gal to go and argue with Inzi. Although att the end of the day Kumble and Inzi were seen walking together to the pavilion, laughing as if nothing happened.