• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib Akhtar and Shahid Afridi

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
honestbharani said:
lol. I just wished to point out that stuff like this are taken more personally in our culture than they seem to be in some other cultures. That is all. I don't know what was the tone you felt when reading my post, but it certainly wasn't confrontational or anything. :)

I thought all of us at CW were doofuses, BTW...;)
Never took it as being confrontational at all - just in the light of all the other things that have been thrown around I thought I'd put the defensive shields up 'just in case'. Look upon it as a 'preemptive block'.

I gathered that there's a culture difference. I make one unwise comment and pretty well every Indian or Pakistani ex-pat now living in the USA or Australia decide that it's time to stick their knives in. Even allowing for that cultural difference, it cannot be always used as an excuse. No society has a monopoly on ignorance and stupidity.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Lets just say if you're watching the cricket with your family, you'd want to turn down the volume of the television set whenever he opens his mouth anywhere near the stump microphones.
Yes but sanz said off the field

Sanz
First of all It is unfair to compare Shoaib and Afridi. Shoaib is a great guy on the field and off it whereas Afridi's is a disgrace.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Mecnun said:
Harbie does seem like an exciteable character!! Good for the game. He maybe a bit like Kaneira who needs to be performing otherwise he gets frustrated and his head and shoulders slump.

I do not mind a bit of passion and aggression but continuous abuse and singling out of individuals is not something I agree with. I guess in today's game I am a little traditional.
So people never sledged in the past ?

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
GoT_SpIn said:
So people never sledged in the past ?
I am sure they did sledge and I stated I do not have issues with sledging a little but personal abuse involving one's family etc is another thing which seems to be endorsed by some in the name of passion and aggresiveness. That is what I disagree with.