Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Mohd Asif

  1. #1
    State Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Tamil Nadu
    Posts
    964

    Icon14 Mohd Asif

    He looks like a great prospect to me. Bowls at a lively pace and gets good swing, i think its fare to say that he was the best pacer of the 2 team.Some of his deliveries were real gem, i wonder how the last match would had progressed had Sami been playing for Pakistan inplace of Asif?

    I think he should now be a regular of Pakistan team and should now open the bowling along with Akhtar for Pakistan.
    ------------------------------------

  2. #2
    State Vice-Captain Armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Literate Essex- yes, it does exist!
    Posts
    1,092
    I agree he was very impressive in the recent test. I look forward to seeing him on English pitches.
    Member of LSU (bowl part time pies)

    RIP Fardin

  3. #3
    Banned nehrafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    261
    Looks like a fine prospect, but too early to praise him so highly.

  4. #4
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,895
    The way he was getting the ball to cut was amazing. Ripping through Sehwag, Laxman and Tendulkar's defence and uprooting their stumps all in one match means you're something special. He's definitely earnt his place in the team, and I think we've seen the last of Sami for a while providing Asif continues to improve.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.


  5. #5
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,308
    I hope this means the last of Sami.

  6. #6
    State 12th Man Autobahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    716
    Well he's playing for Leicestershire this summer so he'll get some practice in before the tour.

  7. #7
    International Coach adharcric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    10,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Choora
    He looks like a great prospect to me. Bowls at a lively pace and gets good swing, i think its fare to say that he was the best pacer of the 2 team.Some of his deliveries were real gem, i wonder how the last match would had progressed had Sami been playing for Pakistan inplace of Asif?

    I think he should now be a regular of Pakistan team and should now open the bowling along with Akhtar for Pakistan.
    Perhaps Naved-ul-Hasan should open the bowling and Asif should come first-change. What do you think?

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,695
    I think Pak have a very very good attack, esp for English conditions. The onus will be on their batters to back their bowlers up in England. And Naveed should be in the side. Asif, Naveed, Akhtar and Razzaq would be a very good line up, EVEN if it means dropping Afridi. Or maybe they can keep Afridi and drop Kaneria on a seaming pitch.


    Asif looks an excellent prospect, though. Reminds me of Gillespie because of his height, his ability to cut the ball both ways and his more than decent pace.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    I hope this means the last of Sami.
    in test i would think, but maybe Sami could still hold a space in the OD team because his record their is a bit better.

  10. #10
    State Vice-Captain Armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Literate Essex- yes, it does exist!
    Posts
    1,092
    Quote Originally Posted by adharcric
    Perhaps Naved-ul-Hasan should open the bowling and Asif should come first-change. What do you think?
    Interesting scenario, maybe this means the end of Shoaib opening the bowling, the swing bowlers would have to get the priority, wonder how Shoaib will react.

  11. #11
    State 12th Man godofcricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo
    Interesting scenario, maybe this means the end of Shoaib opening the bowling, the swing bowlers would have to get the priority, wonder how Shoaib will react.
    No i think he meant shoaib opening the bowling with Rana and asif coming in first change!!!
    Wasim Akram: The most sKiLlFuL bowler in history!

    Mcgrath said he is fond of the genius "Akram would power through the crease and do whatever he wanted with the old and new ball"

    Allan Border "If I ever get a chance to be reborn as a cricketer, I would want to be Wasim"

    Richards, Tendulkar and Waugh described Akram as the most dangerous bowler they had ever faced.

    > > > Wasims Magic Delivery. Late Swing. Hatrick. < < <

  12. #12
    State 12th Man godofcricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    in test i would think, but maybe Sami could still hold a space in the OD team because his record their is a bit better.
    Not a chance at the moment. Sami is out of the squad in the 15 or 16 member squad announced a couple of days ago, this should tell u everything. Unless Sami performs extraordinarily at domestic level or asif or Rana under perform in the next 5 to 10 games.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cricket
    Posts
    16,845
    Quote Originally Posted by godofcricket
    Not a chance at the moment. Sami is out of the squad in the 15 or 16 member squad announced a couple of days ago, this should tell u everything. Unless Sami performs extraordinarily at domestic level or asif or Rana under perform in the next 5 to 10 games.
    didn't realise that, Gul has replaced him, so he'll have to do a lot to regain his place in the pakistan team.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame Member Jamee999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    15,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobahn
    Well he's playing for Leicestershire this summer so he'll get some practice in before the tour.
    Yeah, he's a pretty great guy.
    Or something.

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

  15. #15
    State Captain Nishant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    london
    Posts
    1,722
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    didn't realise that, Gul has replaced him, so he'll have to do a lot to regain his place in the pakistan team.

    Gul is quite good. I remember when he played against in that test 2 years back, where he picked up a fiva against india. he showed his class the. But i dont know how he's done since then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Daily Blast TV* - Pakistan in Australia!
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Cricket Media Coverage
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 14-01-2005, 09:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •