• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Awful when test cricket has come to this

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
Awful when test cricket has come to this **pics**

and YES this deserves its own thread...

DHONI, YOUNIS KHAN and AFRIDI Bowling the new ball with Pace...

Mahendra Singh Dhoni Bowling in 2nd test

Mahendra singh dhoni taking the new ball with 1 hour remaining in the 5th day
Conceeded 13 runs of the over though

Younis Khan Bowling
As Shoib didn't wanna bowl Younis and Afridi shared the new ball....Heres younis's first over...nearly picked up Dravids wicket

Shahid Afridi Bowling
Afridi bowling pace and 3 bouncers in his first over...

Or This

Enjoy Guys

Last edited:

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Lmao I read on CricInfo when Dhoni bowled, and having just written the CricketWeb player profile of him I knew he was a keeper.
I laughed, there was nothing else to do.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow. I hadn't realised quite how in need of a trip to the barbers Dhoni is! Sidebottom-esque! :p

I actually think Afridi could be a half-decent seamer if he worked at it tho. I've seen his quicker ball (from no run up at all) nudge 80mph, which is seriously shifting for a spinner.

TIF

U19 Debutant
There was nothing in Dhoni bowling. I was always expecting Dhoni to a bowl a few over of medium-pace and I feel that he has been underbowled a bit. Now, if Dhoni, can practice his medium-pace bowling in the nets, he can be considered as a useful part-time medium-pace bowling option in the one dayers. We have been missing part-time medium-pacers in ODIs and till now only Ganguly was an option, but now with Ganguly not being a regular in the ODI team, the only possible part-time medium-pace option left is Dhoni and he needs to work at his bowling in the nets. Also, do not be surprised if Dhoni, becomes a regular part-timr medium-pacer in the ODIs and bowls 3-4 overs if required.

I had said something like this well before the 1st test -

TIF said:
Also, dont :lol: at this suggestion - Even Dhoni has been known to bowl some medium-pace in the nets and if India might need an extra seam option, trying out Dhoni for 4-5 overs wont be a bad idea. We can have Dravid keeping for sometime. Taibu, recently did it for Zimbabwe almost 2 years ago against Sri Lanka with Utseya taking the gloves while Taibu bowled and Taibu kept when the other bowlers bowled.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni should never cut his hair. He's representing all the long-haired people that play cricket. A dying breed, which I was too once a part of.

Dhoni can do no wrong :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but look at Boucher's hair. Just can't compare the two. Boucher's not even in Dhoni's league.

Only Akmal's teeth and Gilly's ears can compete with Dhoni.

adharcric

International Coach
Jono said:
Yeah but look at Boucher's hair. Just can't compare the two. Boucher's not even in Dhoni's league.

Only Akmal's teeth and Gilly's ears can compete with Dhoni.
LOL ... absolutely

deeps

International 12th Man
when afridi was bowling his seamers, what sort of pace was he hitting? If he can hit 80km/hr with no run up.. i'd hate to see what he could do with a run up

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
TIF said:
There was nothing in Dhoni bowling. I was always expecting Dhoni to a bowl a few over of medium-pace and I feel that he has been underbowled a bit. Now, if Dhoni, can practice his medium-pace bowling in the nets, he can be considered as a useful part-time medium-pace bowling option in the one dayers. We have been missing part-time medium-pacers in ODIs and till now only Ganguly was an option, but now with Ganguly not being a regular in the ODI team, the only possible part-time medium-pace option left is Dhoni and he needs to work at his bowling in the nets. Also, do not be surprised if Dhoni, becomes a regular part-timr medium-pacer in the ODIs and bowls 3-4 overs if required.

I had said something like this well before the 1st test -
Oh come off it - he's in the side to keep, not bowl.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
Dhoni should never cut his hair. He's representing all the long-haired people that play cricket. A dying breed, which I was too once a part of.
Dizzy of course, although his recent games probably don't count as "Cricket" ;)

PY

International Coach
Jono said:

Dhoni can do no wrong :D
:laugh:

What a hero. :D

Deja moo

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
One Mark Boucher got a wicket on an equally flat wicket :laugh:
Boucher? A guy who can't score runs even on a flat wicket like that needs that sort of a skill to fall back on. Not the big D.

TIF

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
Oh come off it - he's in the side to keep, not bowl.
Why come off it? India, in all these years has been missing part-time medium-pacers as all our batsmen can only bowl part-time spin. We never had anyone who caould bowl part-time medium pace when required and this was the reason of a few losses by India in the ODIs while defending targets while going with only 2 pacers on a pace-friendly pitch as our pacers had already finished the overs almost and for the remaining overs, we never had a support medium-pacer. At this point, India have always missed a part-time medium pacer and now we have finally found one in MS Dhoni.

MS Dhonis bowling wont make a much of a difference in tests, but his part-time medium pace, might just be required in ODIs now that Ganguly is off. Also, If Taibu can bowl for Zimbabwe regularly in 2004 during the Sri Lanka series, why cant MS Dhoni do the same in a few ODIs.