• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Comp

gossy7

Banned
Hey guys, incase you dont go into the Fantasy Cricket Thread, i am about to tell you about the awesome cricket comp that i am starting up.
I will start the exact same thread here, so i dont waste your time for you going into the other thread.
It takes minimal effort to join, just 4-5 lines and 1 minute of your time. Its good fun trust me ;)

Basically what it is we get as many people to sign up as possible, and then I'll sort them into teams, the more people the more teams obviously, then each team can pick a captain who can name their side everyweek, ill run the games (one dayers and tests), and then at the end of the year we'll run a CW Medal for the best player of the season, pick a Cricket Web Side who will play international matches against the big boys such as Australia, England, India and so forth.

So if your Interested just simply fill out a form and post it on here. Here is the form template.

Name: (username for Cricketweb)
Type: (bowler, batsman, allrounder(if you decide allrounder, pick either batting or bowling allrounder), keeper)
Batting: Left or Right Hand
Bowling: Right or Left Arm, Fast, Legspin, Offspin, Medium

ps. girls dont be shy you should sign up as well it requires minimal effort and can be pretty funny, cricket isnt just a boys sport and try to get your mates to sign up for it cause if i dont get enough teams i cant run the comp.

*This comp is not meant to be a threat to the other sportal comp, just something that i feel could be fun that i could do in my own time so please dont ban me and take away my privleges *

gossy7

Banned
chooka_nick said:
Hey Gossy! You should look at this link - we actually already have one of these. Good effort though!
oh really??
bugga!!
i do mine alot different to his
sorry guys
if anyone is still interested please still sign up

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
It is the best part of three years old now, I think. Granted, of course people will have done similar things before - but out of the major web communities, none have one that's as long-established, popular and stunningly successful as ours.

Even if we can't win major finals.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Two competitions of the same kind not required on one forum according to me.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Let the man do his thing.

You should really consider signing up for the CWXI though Gossy, it`s awesome.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
It is the best part of three years old now, I think. Granted, of course people will have done similar things before - but out of the major web communities, none have one that's as long-established, popular and stunningly successful as ours.

Even if we can't win major finals.
Crack that whip