• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your best ever....

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Best Ball: Playing on a slightly uneven wicket in a French campsite, I bowled one ball which pitched on off, turned away, bounced again and turned back to hit off. The zig-zag ball.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Best ball: A slower ball yorker that had the batsman all muddled up. Took his middle stump :)
Best figures: 10/23
Best batting performance: 322*
Best catch: When I was bowling spin and the ball was slapped down the ground to my left, I took a diving catch behind my body. :happy:
Best piece of fielding: Playing in a mates backyard with a few friends, he hit it over this little shed thing they had. Threw it blind and it hit the wickets :laugh:
Favourite game: Playing an entire days worth of backyard cricket with a mate in a "test match". Two innings each best of 3. Lot's of runs scored and ended up a close result 2-1 to him!

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Ive been in cornwall for 10 days, and had a few games there,

Best bat is now up to 23ret.
and took my maiden 5fer, rekindling my off-spin affair taking 5-9, my wrists are finally ready to take the strain again.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best ball: I can bowl a bit of everything, but not very well. On this occasion I was bowling off spin, and this ball was on a length about half a metre outside off, came back and hit the leg stump.
Best figures: 10/ 36
Best batting performance: 175*
Best catch: It was exactly like Dwayne Bravo's to dimiss Shane Warne, brilliant caught and bowled, going to my left aswell.
Best piece of fielding: See above.
Favourite game: The one where I needed about 80 to win, my brother had me 20/4 until I put on 50 for my last wicket and then I skied a pull shot which he preceeded to catch. Brilliant game.

JikJak

Cricket Spectator
Best ball- As my garden is on a slope going from the left being higher than the right, and the fact im an off spinner, im able to turn the ball very sharply down the hill, outside off, span to leg and hit leg stump as my friend played an off drive

Best figures- 10 wickets for 29 runs

Best batting performance- 500*, got bored and went in

Best catch- Fielding at short leg as i usually do, ball flicked up into the air over my head and i jumped turned and caught it one handed all in one motion just before it hit the floor

Best piece of fielding- My friend pushed the ball into the off side and i ran to meet it, dived and through it whilst still in the air, hit the stumps and he was out

Favourite game- Man.U supporters Vs everyone else, me being on the everyone else side,
we won easily, i retired at 50 along with two others, then i took 2 wickets bowling, caught out someone and then watched man.u on the TV, Man. U losing which just added to the satisfaction!

and also, who do you like to think of yourself as?
Andrew Strauss

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
JikJak said:
Favourite game- Man.U supporters Vs everyone else, me being on the everyone else side, we won easily, i retired at 50 along with two others, then i took 2 wickets bowling, caught out someone and then watched man.u on the TV, Man. U losing which just added to the satisfaction!
Did that one end with the Man U supporters blaming the defeat on their not being able to see the ball against their shirts? Or are you too young to remember what I'm going on about?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Ah, I feel so old - April 1996, when I was still at Primary School. I guess you wouldn't even have started school.... Was around about the time that Matt Le Tissier and Southampton had an outrageously good record against ManYoo, and the time of that grey kit.

United were 3-0 down at half time at the Dell, and their excuse was they couldn't pick out their players against the crowd. They changed shirts to all-white at half time, and still lost 3-1, Giggs scoring in injury time. Just another reason why everyone hated Man U.

Six months later, United visited the Dell again with a proper kit. They lost 6-3...

Last edited:

Cameron-Moss

U19 12th Man
Best Ball (1) - I bowl spin off, and leggie, using Legspin I bowled a googly and outside of stump, and it came back clipping the edge of leg.

Best ball (2) - Using offspin bowled a Off-Break pitching offstump, going in to hit middle and leg, it was a brilliant sight.

Best Batting Performance - It was in a couple of days ago I made a score of 186.

Best catch (also funny) I was bowling leggie (around the wicket for me) it came over the side were I place the stump to bowl around, I'm right handed and did a left haned catch and kebabed my-self over the stumps funny but hurts.

Best piece of fielding - On concrete on my drive, they did a on drive bouncing straight after leaving the bat dived for it while it was well above my head and for those in the UK I need a booster seat, and stopped it, and then run the batsmen out.

Who I think I am - I think I'm a Dalrymple with a Warne so I'd say Walrymple or Darne.

booders91

Cricket Spectator
Best Ball- Meter away from stumps, friend left it, swung in hit off stump.
Best ball(another)- Friend on 49, yorker goes under the bat hits middle.

Best Catch- one handed 1cm of the ground the best

Best batting innings- 196* hit at least 10 6's. and 10 4's. I couldnt not get out.

Best fielding- Threw the ball from under a tree, couldnt see the stumps and hit them, friend was a good meter out..

Stumped

Banned
Best Ball- Meter away from stumps, friend left it, swung in hit off stump.
Best ball(another)- Friend on 49, yorker goes under the bat hits middle.

Best Catch- one handed 1cm of the ground the best

Best batting innings- 196* hit at least 10 6's. and 10 4's. I couldnt not get out.

Best fielding- Threw the ball from under a tree, couldnt see the stumps and hit them, friend was a good meter out..
sounds similar to one of my balls my brother was on high forties and i bowled a yorker that sent him walking