• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Pace Bowler

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Used to, Sunil. Used to.

I got very tired recently of his posturing and bluster when that was all he had to offer.

Out of the five in the list, I like Ntini above the others but as to who truly is the best...

If you are comparing them on top form it has to be Shoaib. Conversely, if you ask for who is the worst on their worst form - Shoaib again.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh and one thing I DID miss was that it wasn't broncoman who commented on Agarkar at all! Sorry, mate! :)

wahindiawah

Banned
[
Wahindiawah mentioned 'whiney Englishmen' and that's bordering on a racial slur. The two comments were totally different. Broncoman's dig was at Agarkar and wahindiawah's dig was at English men in general or maybe even only the English people here. I don't know but either way, it wasn't appropriate.
First of all i was only responding to a provocative post by an Englishman, i never intended to target all the English ppl but some of them like Neil and Mark.

Neil have been wishing an Indian loss in the CT final, what have u to say to that??

Kimbo

International Debutant
I have never thought of Neil and Marc as whiney... oh well.
maybe they just don't want India to win the final, theres not much wrong with that.
Personally I hope Aussie lose tonight, does that make me racist?
No, it makes me a kiwi

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
1) I found nothing at all offensive about the Whiney English comment. We think you lot go over the top - You think we whinge.

Stereotypes? Probably.
Offensive? Unless it become abuse then no way..

And as for hoping other teams lose.. I hope that Surrey lose all the time - that Man Utd and Liverpool get carted by Southampton - that Australia lose embarrasingly in the VB Series to NZ and SA - You've got to have a favourite...

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
1) I found nothing at all offensive about the Whiney English comment. We think you lot go over the top - You think we whinge.

Stereotypes? Probably.
Offensive? Unless it become abuse then no way..

And as for hoping other teams lose.. I hope that Surrey lose all the time - that Man Utd and Liverpool get carted by Southampton - that Australia lose embarrasingly in the VB Series to NZ and SA - You've got to have a favourite...
Yes what's wrong with someone wishing certain team to lose.

I wish that Aussies never win, and in fact I would be rooting for England in the coming Ashes.

[Edited on 26/9/2002 by aussie_beater]

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
English? Whiney? My stiff upper lip's all of a quiver.

Seriously (me?) we can take it (and with our team, we have to - frequently).

I think that a lot of it stems from the utter tripe you could read in our jingoistic press. Two victories and we're great. After we beat Sri Lanka, the papers were full of how we had 'A great chance to bring the Ashes home'. Funny that I've not read much positive about the Aussie tour since playing India.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think that a lot of it stems from the utter tripe you could read in our jingoistic press. Two victories and we're great. After we beat Sri Lanka, the papers were full of how we had 'A great chance to bring the Ashes home'. Funny that I've not read much positive about the Aussie tour since playing India.
Pretty much all nations' press can be like this - take the "India fav's for World Cup" thread which is becoming a vehicle for criticising propaganda mills/newspapers...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wish that Aussies never win, and in fact I would be rooting for England in the coming Ashes.
Unfortunately all the support in the world won't help us in this one!

I should still come out winning a bet on England though! :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
First of all i was only responding to a provocative post by an Englishman, i never intended to target all the English ppl but some of them like Neil and Mark.
Since there was only one post prior to yours it must be mine, which was definitely not intended to be provocative as already stated.

muralilal

Banned
[quote
You've got to have a favourite... [/quote]

Agreed, and u should be rooting for ur fav, rather than wishing openly a certain team's defeat.
Considering the other Finalists in Champions trophy is not even known, how could one have been rooting for his Favs???

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by muralilal
[quote
You've got to have a favourite...

Agreed, and u should be rooting for ur fav, rather than wishing openly a certain team's defeat.
Considering the other Finalists in Champions trophy is not even known, how could one have been rooting for his Favs??? [/quote]

For me it works the other way..... I wish the Aussies should lose whomever they play, not only India....Bangladesh, Kenya or the Falkland Islands...doesn't matter. :D That's me, and I have my reasons.

[Edited on 26/9/2002 by aussie_beater]

muralilal

Banned
[quote
For me it works the other way..... I wish the Aussies should lose whomever they play, not only India.That's me, and I have my reasons. [/quote]

We all have our reasons AB !

Kimbo

International Debutant
I am sure you have tshirts like this in your parts of the world-
I support two teams, NZ and anyone playing Australia.
I support two teams, Otago and anyone playing Auckland.
I guess i do have a favourite murilal, the team that plays Aussie. I cheer for them whenever they do well against Aus.:P

Kimbo

International Debutant
I've never rated Brett lee much. He doesn't seem to be maturing either, or maybe as he matures he sucks more. He isn't that young either... he must be 27 or 28 now