• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alphabet Teams

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
PY said:
Only one of that team is going to kill you with pace though unlike S who are probably more likely to retire you hurt than get you out. :p
Yes, I know that's grossly unfair to the S team bowlers.

Great effort Western Warrior, H is looking pretty good IMO. Hobbs, Hayden, Hammond, Hutton and Harvey in the batting lineup is never going to let you down.
Add to that George Headley and possibly Haynes ahead of Hayden!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
as much as I'd love to see the might M's get up I think it'd be a struggle. Whilst the M's have a powerful bowling side with McGrath, McDermott, Murali and Marshall I reckon their batting line up could be prone to struggles...

The strongest side in my opinion is the B team. Besides having the Don, their bowling line up I believe is as strong as the L's and T's and having the 5th bowling option of Botham and Border to an extent can only help.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
B + L look the strongest to me......

With W being possibly the third best....but then there's a couple more that look good enough to be third best

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
All it takes is a bit of effort...

Qasim Umar (Pak, 26 Tests, 1983-86) - RHB
William Quaife (Eng, 7 Tests, 1899-1902) - RHB
Qaiser Abbas (Pak, 1 Test, 2000) - LHB/SLA
+Javed Qadeer (Pak, 1 ODI, 1995) - RHB/WK
Mehmood Quaraishy (EC Africa, 3 ODIs, 1975) - AR
Akhlaq Qureshi (Italy, 5 ICCT, 1997) - RHB/RM
*Abdul Qadir (Pak, 67 Tests, 1977-90) - LBG
Iqbal Qasim (Pak, 50 Tests, 1976-88) - SLA
Neville Quinn (SA, 12 Tests, 1929-32) - LFM
Pamela Quin (Sco, 1 WODI, 2001) - RHB
Qanita Jalil (Pak, 4 WODIs, 2005-2006) - RMF

TIF

U19 Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
All it takes is a bit of effort...

Pamela Quin (Sco, 1 WODI, 2001) - RHB
Qanita Jalil (Pak, 4 WODIs, 2005-2006) - RMF
This is not meant to be a mixed team, involving women.

You could have gone with these players -

Quintin McMillan (SA, 13 Tests, 1929-32) - LBG/RHB
Eric Quail Davies (SA, 5 Tests, 1936-39) - RF

And on a search, there are many more players having their name start with a "Q", but they only officiated in international matches and not played them.

The team currently becomes -

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
TIF said:
This is not meant to be a mixed team, involving women.
Why the hell not?

You could have gone with these players -

No, I couldn't, because their first names begin with Q, rather than surnames, which is what the entire project is based on. I restricted myself to International players (as I couldn't be bothered scouring through the FC lists).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Robertinho said:
Mr. T should've been a shoe-in for the A-Team.
:laugh:

Can't believe you managed this. Awesome effort. My personal favourite is the H's, particularly if you add George Headley in there who should be IMO. Holding + Hadlee would be an awesome pair, and Wes Hall would be another top pacer to the line-up. Plus you have Harbhajan, who can just sledge the players like only he can.

Then there's the batting. Hobbs, Hammond, Hutton and Headley. Seriously that's just dominant.

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jono said:
:laugh:

Can't believe you managed this. Awesome effort. My personal favourite is the H's, particularly if you add George Headley in there who should be IMO. Holding + Hadlee would be an awesome pair, and Wes Hall would be another top pacer to the line-up. Plus you have Harbhajan, who can just sledge the players like only he can.

Then there's the batting. Hobbs, Hammond, Hutton and Headley. Seriously that's just dominant.
Thanks Jono, ym personal favourite is 'W'. The bowling combination of Akram, Younis, Walsh and Warne would be hard to beat. The batting line-up isn't too shabby either. :)