• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Books

neville cardus

International Debutant
I must take this oportunity to express my appreciation for the fantastic work Archie_Mac has done on Book Reviews here. Its not just a sign of his immense love for the game and his stature as as a very keen student of it but also a fantastic service he has provided to the fraternity here.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
Echoed.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
:wub: Thanks, I sometimes wonder if anyone reads them, but I have had some good feedback, including a relative of Sam Costick contacting me, to find a copy of the book on his Great great relative:)
I must confess I havent read all of them but whenever I have done so it has been rewarding.

I am also very jealous of how much you get to read :@

neville cardus

International Debutant
:wub: Thanks, I sometimes wonder if anyone reads them, but I have had some good feedback, including a relative of Sam Costick contacting me, to find a copy of the book on his Great great relative:)
That must've been very special. The review was obviously before my time, but the subject matter's obviously of great interest to me. Please post a link.

stumpski

International Captain
I've got a couple of nearly written ones - good to see that people read the book reviews.

You will have more from me 'in due course' as well Archie. Just a question of getting enough time on the net - it probably needs my daughter to go away for the weekend tbh.

stumpski

International Captain
Actually I'm not reading a cricket book at the moment - most unusually for me - but I have several old(ish) books that you don't have reviews for as yet and which often turn up on sites like ebay. What about David Frith's 'Fast men' and 'Slow Men' - could that work as a two in one do you think? And I want to get hold of Michael Simkins' book 'Fatty Batter' as I keep hearing good things about it - I'll let you know.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
And I want to get hold of Michael Simkins' book 'Fatty Batter' as I keep hearing good things about it - I'll let you know.
Nabbed a copy of that last week. Not read it, yet. Stuck in Penguins Stopped Play by Harry Thompson atm. My mam says it's hilarious, though

Last edited by a moderator:

archie mac

International Coach
Actually I'm not reading a cricket book at the moment - most unusually for me - but I have several old(ish) books that you don't have reviews for as yet and which often turn up on sites like ebay. What about David Frith's 'Fast men' and 'Slow Men' - could that work as a two in one do you think? And I want to get hold of Michael Simkins' book 'Fatty Batter' as I keep hearing good things about it - I'll let you know.
The Frith idea would be great. I have not heard of Fatty Batter?

I picked up a copy of 'Grovel' looks okay, I will have to read it soon, just reading Ian Botham's latest bio:)

stumpski

International Captain
I was wondering that today, funnily enough. I've just picked up 'Fatty Batter' - read about 50 pages already - and would be happy to write the review if no-one else gets there first. But what's the deal on quoting from a book? Are we in breach of copyright or anything?