• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Books

archie mac

International Coach
I thought I would share what I think might just be the greatest misprint in a cricket book

This comes from Don Bradman's My Cricketing Life published in 1938

"Larwood refused to give in, and I can still see him in my mind's eye glinding towards the stumps.... his silk skirt fluttering ever so slightly in the light cross breeze"

I must have missed it when I read the book, it was pointed out by Crciket book dealer Christopher Saunders:)

Matt79

Global Moderator
He was "glinding" was he? ;)

I never realised that when Jardine called for leg-theory bowling, that meant bowling in mini-skirts...

neville cardus

International Debutant
I thought I would share what I think might just be the greatest misprint in a cricket book

This comes from Don Bradman's My Cricketing Life published in 1938

"Larwood refused to give in, and I can still see him in my mind's eye glinding towards the stumps.... his silk skirt fluttering ever so slightly in the light cross breeze"

I must have missed it when I read the book, it was pointed out by Crciket book dealer Christopher Saunders:)
A really lovely bloke, is Mr Saunders. I got Lilley's Twenty-Four Years of Cricket from him while on tour in England last year. I hear now that he's taken custody of Rosenwater's considerable collection.

pasag

RTDAS
Was given today:

The Ashes: A Celebration by Roland Perry
Out of My Comfort Zone - Steve Waugh, hardback. Although I already have the softback which I haven't read yet.

and a little book called Pocket Wisden Australia 2002-03 with Gilchrist on the cover.

archie mac

International Coach
Was given today:

The Ashes: A Celebration by Roland Perry
Out of My Comfort Zone - Steve Waugh, hardback. Although I already have the softback which I haven't read yet.

and a little book called Pocket Wisden Australia 2002-03 with Gilchrist on the cover.
We have reviews for both the first two named in our review section:)

sps

Cricket Spectator
ive read Freddie Trueman and Geoff Boycott not bad reads the Darren Gought book is a waste of time i gave up on it and i read one of warnes books which was prettty good

Matt79

Global Moderator
My main problem with it was that in my head, I read the entire thing doing the 12th Man Richie Benaud impersonation...