• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Books

stumpski

International Captain
Don't know if this is the right thread to post this but I was wondering if anyone else has ordered the new Wisden and whether you have a regular reviewer on the site. I don't mind having a bash once I've had my copy a few days. :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
In the middle of It's Not Cricket by Simon Rae. Enjoying it quite abit tbh.
Funnily enough I was just about to post that.

A fantastic historical review of the dirtier side of the game.

Brilliant in that it shows everything has been done before and is just repeated. Chucking controversies? blah, nothing new. Matchfixing? pfft, old hat :)

pasag

RTDAS
Funnily enough I was just about to post that.

A fantastic historical review of the dirtier side of the game.

Brilliant in that it shows everything has been done before and is just repeated. Chucking controversies? blah, nothing new. Matchfixing? pfft, old hat :)
Yeah, exactly what I was thinking when reading it.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Just got an interesting book - Simon Briggs Sledger's history of the Ashes - quite amusing on how the art of repartee and retort can itself cover every series of the Ashes - worth picking up away from the genre of mundane cricket books :laugh:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Just got an interesting book - Simon Briggs Sledger's history of the Ashes - quite amusing on how the art of repartee and retort can itself cover every series of the Ashes - worth picking up away from the genre of mundane cricket books :laugh:
Yeah I got that for Christmas, a good read.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Finished reading Rhythm and Swing by Sir Richard Hadlee today, while it was a good read it made me realise how much better books are if they are written after the player has retired and has a bit of time to look back at his career in a retrospective way. Also realised how obsessed Hadlee was with his statistics and numbers, always thriving to improve his record.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Picked up "Flying Stumps" by Lindwall and "15 Paces" by Davo earlier this week for $3 each. Pretty happy with that...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Good lil second hand bookstore here in Canberra. Both are in paperback, and are rather aged and a bit worn, but not torn or damaged. :D

Matt79

Global Moderator
I don't know, but will look next time I go. Frankly, I'd be surprised if the owner has a computer! :)