• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Books

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Sometimes there is a fielder in front of the Wicket on the non-striker side. So I do not think that 2 Wicket Keepers on each side is ridiculous.
Wicket-Keeper on the non-striker side plays for taking run-out, etc.
It's a great idea. And we should have 4 wickets instead of 2. And the wicketkeepers could just wear 1 glove so they can throw better. And we could get rid of the wickets and just have "bases" so no one trips over.

neville cardus

International Debutant
In other great news, fellow readers, I picked up WG's The History of a Hundred Centuries today. All I'm lacking now is his Little Book. Affordable copies do not exist.

Last edited:

neville cardus

International Debutant
Always thought that episode was worth a book. One of the great early South African cricket scribblers -- either Duffus or Greyvenstein -- wrote something beautiful about it somewhere. Thanks for sharing.