• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indias tour to NZ cancelled.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/test/future_tours/2007.html

There ya go. India are in RSA till January. The WC starts at March. Given the Indians would like to have AT LEAST 3 weeks of rest before the WC, should India fly out all the NZ immediately after coming back from RSA to just play 3 to 5 ODIs?

Man, I hope some of these rather vociferous kiwi fans here realize that cricketers also happen to be HUMAN BEINGS who need rest, esp. before big events.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
A question. Did any Indian fan see the three ODI's between AUS and NZL late last year?

I'm pretty sure 1662 runs at an average of 277 per innings doesn't equate to "cow-dung yards"

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Natman20 said:
I sure don't want to see Sri Lanka again and wouldn't pay to see them as it would most likely turn out the way the recent tour did. I want India back since they havn't been here since 2002/03. A five year gap between tours to New Zealand is rediculous. The whole schedule is stuffed. New Zealand play Australia in VB series against Australia next year and the Chappel/Hadlee Trophy which is kind of stupid. Bring on the World XI idea again now thats something that I might watch. Like to see the likes of Bichel, Rhodes and Klusner come back again even though they failed miserably last time.
I would agree with you on that mate.

But SL are improving with lot of new faces being brought in at the same time (Tharanga, Mubarak, Vandort, Kulasekera ,Bandara ) causing a change and lack of experience and loss of confidance from an absolutely de-moralising Indian tour all contributed to recent poor tour to NZ. Having said that apart from the first ODI at Queenstown the Lankans did come close in the other three , So you have to agree that they were not totally crap.

The trouble with SL is they are playing a lot of teams away and as a result getting lot of results going against them, unlike some other teams which play home and away series intermingled, which gives them a chance to recover their confidance before their next away tour .

I hope that they are much improved before their next tour to NZ and then perhaps they can give you Kiwis a real run for your money !!:laugh:

Honestly Mate, I think India feel their Economic Power in Cricket as a result of TV rights and other financial revenue is not reflected in the way they are treated in terms of tours and opposition they play. They want to be linked to Crickets Glory boys the Aussies , (and the recently rising fortunes of ) England , South Africa and (perhaps grudgingly with) Pakistan.

Mate , I know SL are crap at the moment , but we (NZ and SL) share similar fortunes in terms of Cricket over the years and I for one feel we have lot of cricketing similarities over the years (although you guys have greater,longer and somewhat richer history over the years).

And I feel happy that we have been pitted together , because we have a lot to offer each other (ie SL and NZ) . Forget the glory boys, we can rise from here , and you certainly have a very good chance of winning the World Cup in 2007 . Cheers.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Personally I harbour no ill feeling towards the Indian cricket board. In fact, I find the decision quite reasonable, and I don't think we have anything to complain about with the amount of cricket we're playing against Australia.

I also agree wholeheartedly with Jason's sentiments about New Zealand and Sri Lankan cricket. Sri Lanka are welcome here anytime.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cric_manic said:
India arnt even good eneough to beat NZ in NZ at the moment imo enyway so i dnt really care i would rather see a challenge like Sl,WI or PAk
You what?

You think India are rubbish and then say WI are a challenge? 8-)

username1234

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The Indian cricket board is a joke. this doesnt suprise me at all. All the indian team wants to do is participate in tours that make alot of money Eg pakistan,Australia, England. It will kill the game if countries like New Zealand end up only playing the smaller countries.
Good going India!:twisted: :thumbup1:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
username1234 said:
The Indian cricket board is a joke. this doesnt suprise me at all. All the indian team wants to do is participate in tours that make alot of money Eg pakistan,Australia, England. It will kill the game if countries like New Zealand end up only playing the smaller countries.
Good going India!:twisted: :thumbup1:
Do u even realize that there was no way to play the whole tour in 15 odd days? India are in RSA till Jan 2006 and the WC starts in March and the Board wants the players have atleast 3 weeks rest before they have a camp IN India and then they have to go the Caribbean at least a week or two before their first game to get acclimitised. There simply was NO time available. And BTW, cricket in India makes money NO MATTER who they play against, as long as it isn't Zim or Bangladesh.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm very disappointed by the move...I guess I can understand the rasoning, but if it had been truly mutual, as Blaze said, I doubt we'd be getting Sri Lanka back for the third year in a row. I really like the Sri Lankan team, love watching them play, but since it has been three years since India last came I'd have rather seen them.

India have no shortage of fans in New Zealand, and since quite a few players around the world seem to be saying they'll retire after the World Cup, those fans here may even have had their last chance 3 years ago to see some of their favourite Indian players.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
Such a constructive, well thought-out point.

I have to say it's won me over, WI are clearly better than India (!)
I never said that WI were a better than India

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So how come WI are more of a challenge than India then?

Unless of course you think India would thrash NZ so it wouldn't even class as a challenge.

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
So how come WI are more of a challenge than India then?

Unless of course you think India would thrash NZ so it wouldn't even class as a challenge.
No,I ment WI would be more of a challenge than India in NZ conditions
I have no doubt that if india played WI in WI or India than India would win

username1234

Do u even realize that there was no way to play the whole tour in 15 odd days? India are in RSA till Jan 2006 and the WC starts in March and the Board wants the players have atleast 3 weeks rest before they have a camp IN India and then they have to go the Caribbean at least a week or two before their first game to get acclimitised. There simply was NO time available. And BTW, cricket in India makes money NO MATTER who they play against, as long as it isn't Zim or Bangladesh
Yeah i didnt know the world cup had been brought forward by a month. Still i think india should tour nz some other time to make up for it. It's a huge loss to nz cricket. and yeah they make money whoever tours, but they make alot more when there's an Australia, Pakistan tour. Rather then boring old New zealand!

username1234

Do u even realize that there was no way to play the whole tour in 15 odd days? India are in RSA till Jan 2006 and the WC starts in March and the Board wants the players have atleast 3 weeks rest before they have a camp IN India and then they have to go the Caribbean at least a week or two before their first game to get acclimitised. There simply was NO time available. And BTW, cricket in India makes money NO MATTER who they play against, as long as it isn't Zim or Bangladesh
Yeah i didnt know the world cup had been brought forward by a month. Still i think india should tour nz some other time to make up for it. It's a huge loss to nz cricket. and yeah they make money whoever tours, but they make alot more when there's an Australia, Pakistan tour. Rather then boring old New zealand!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
username1234 said:
The only diff. between Ind playing NZ and Ind playing Aus is the no. of guys in the crowd. Trust me that the no. of guys watching the match on TV is not all that lesser when Ind play NZ than when Ind play Aus. And Ind are touring NZ in 2008 jan or 2007 dec, I reckon to make up for this cancellation. With Zim going out of test cricket, maybe Ind can tour NZ when Zim were supposed to tour there. The boards will work it out, I am sure.