• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indias tour to NZ cancelled.

Craig

World Traveller
Jono said:
Umm, Virender Sehwag scored two tons during the ODI series, performing better than the other Indian batsman. He was not even half the test batsman then that he is today as well. Unless the idea of batsman improving throughout the years is foreign to you.

I guess you just wanted to join in with that cool phrase around CW, flat-track bully.
I was talking about Tests.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Are you sure your not CC in disguise?

And what is wrong with touring New Zealand, there is a more then a few Indians who live in NZ so they can get some support for the matches. And besides it would be good for them to bat on pitches they may not be used too.

I mean last time VVS Laxman played there he couldn't buy a run and Mr Flat-Track Bully (who know the guy who smashed 247 the other day) wasn't so flash either.
As if NZ batsmen were scoring TONs after atons on those cow-dung yards.

As for so called Flat Track Bully, last I watched him in NZ he scored more centuries than anyone in that series.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
And like India has never prepared dodgy pitches?
But our batsmen are flat track bullies ?? So how come they are able to bat on those dodgy pitches? Btw when was the last time India prepared a dodgy pitch for a whole series or even for a test (Let me guess..You are going to sing Wankhede wankhede wankhede, 2004 )

New Zealand still had to bat on them as well or did you forget that? Frankly your lot was out played when you had the same conditions as did the Black Caps.
We saw who was found out in the world cup match when we played them on a neutral ground. NZ were plain lucky that they had to bat second.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Craig said:
I was talking about Tests.
But the one-day wickets were far from flat.

1st ODI, Ind all out 108, NZ 7/109
2nd ODI, NZ 9/254, Ind all out 219 (Sehwag ton)
3rd ODI, Ind all out 108, NZ 5/109
4th ODI, Ind all out 122, NZ 3/123
5th ODI, NZ all out 168, Ind 8/169 (Sehwag 45 from 40 balls)
6th ODI, NZ 9/199, Ind 9/200 (Sehwag ton, next top scorer was extras)
7th ODI, Ind all out 122, NZ 4/125

The only reasonably decent wicket to bat on was the 2nd ODI. The rest were definitely bowler friendly.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
How naive are you?

I suppose that depends on what you want to believe.
What part of the following is that you dont believe or dont understand ?

"Martin Snedden, the New Zealand Cricket chief executive, said the agreement to postpone the tour was reached last year after the ICC brought the World Cup forward by a month. "The flow-on effect was to leave insufficient time for the scheduled India tour during the mid-February to late-March 2007 window," he said. Snedden said New Zealand's build-up for the World Cup would not be "detrimentally affected" as they were due to play the Champions Trophy, the VB Series and the Chappell-Hadlee Series before the tournament."

Blaze

Banned
Sanz said:
What part of the following is that you dont believe or dont understand ?

"Martin Snedden, the New Zealand Cricket chief executive, said the agreement to postpone the tour was reached last year after the ICC brought the World Cup forward by a month. "The flow-on effect was to leave insufficient time for the scheduled India tour during the mid-February to late-March 2007 window," he said. Snedden said New Zealand's build-up for the World Cup would not be "detrimentally affected" as they were due to play the Champions Trophy, the VB Series and the Chappell-Hadlee Series before the tournament."
Bottem line - If India had still wanted to tour the tour would have happened.

Deja moo

International Captain
Craig said:

And what is wrong with touring New Zealand, there is a more then a few Indians who live in NZ so they can get some support for the matches. And besides it would be good for them to bat on pitches they may not be used too.

I mean last time VVS Laxman played there he couldn't buy a run and Mr Flat-Track Bully (who know the guy who smashed 247 the other day) wasn't so flash either.
yeah, right 8-)

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
India arnt even good eneough to beat NZ in NZ at the moment imo enyway so i dnt really care i would rather see a challenge like Sl,WI or PAk

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
No, bottom line is that there wasn't time to fit the tour in because the WC moved.

Bottom line is that if India had have wanted to tour we would have seen a tour.

Deja moo

International Captain
Blaze said:
No. Bottomline is that cricketers like to rest before a major event like the WC.

Blaze

Banned
Deja moo said:
No. Bottomline is that cricketers like to rest before a major event like the WC.
hehe so many bottom lines.

NZ would actually like some cricket before the world cup.

All jokes aside surely you people can see how frustrating this must be for us NZ cricket fans. NZ has a long history of being disrespected as a cricketing nation and it just seems to continue.

Why, if it was a mutual aggreement, have NZ organised for Sri Lanka to come back to NZ AGAIN.

November 2004 - 2 tests vs Aus
December 2004 - 1 ODI vs Sri Lanka
January 2005 - Nothing
Feburary 2005 - 5 ODI's vs Aus
March 2005 - 3 tests vs Aus
April 2005 - 2 tests vs Sri Lanka
May 2005 - Nothing
June 2005 - Nothing
July 2005 - 2 tests vs Zimbabwe and 5 ODI's
August 2005 - Nothing
September 2005 - Nothing
October 2005 - 4 ODI's vs South Africa
November 2005- Nothing
December 2005- 3 ODI's vs Aus
January 2006 - 4 ODI's vs Sri Lanka

66 days of cricket in the last 425 days for NZ and exactly half of those are against Aus due to our strong relationship with their board. No one else wants to play us.

December - March should be jam packed full of cricket with teams touring NZ yet we don't manage to get enough games and we don't seem to get invited on enough tours.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Blaze said:
NZ would actually like some cricket before the world cup.

All jokes aside surely you people can see how frustrating this must be for us NZ cricket fans. NZ has a long history of being disrespected as a cricketing nation and it just seems to continue.
I agree with you on this point, and I don't think some non-NZ posters here realise how frustrating it much be. I'm not a Kiwi, but I think I have some sort of idea how frickin' irritating it'd be not to see your team play many tests, and when they do its silly 2 test series most of the time.

That being said, some of the comments like "India aren't even a good team anyway", "India aren't good enough to beat NZ at home, SL and WI are better :blink:" and calling Virender Sehwag who would, with all due respect, walk into that NZ team in a flash if he was a Kiwi and be their best batsman by a long way, a flat track bully have just been immature. I understand it'd be frustrating to be a NZ supporter, but talking crap doesn't fix the situation. Not that you yourself have made these remarks Blaze.
Blaze said:
Why, if it was a mutual aggreement, have NZ organised for Sri Lanka to come back to NZ AGAIN.
That's an interesting question actually.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The bottom line is that it's a cop out Marc. the NZ season doesn't start in Febuary. It can start in late November. They could easily play 5 ODI's within 2 & a half weeks.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Craig said:

There are a few from your side who aren't flash ANYWHERE.....

Look, I respect New Zealand cricket as much as anyone and I think it is a shame that the series is not going ahead but what do you expect?

The tour was scheduled in Jan/Feb 2007. India wanted a month's time between the tour and the WC. Now the WC is beginning in March itself and so India asked NZ if there was anyway to prepone or reschedule the tour. It turns out there was no way they could fit the whole series in the calender. So it has been postponed. They could have played lesser no. of matches and gone ahead with the tour, but I thought you guys wanted NZ to play MORE cricket?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So playing no cricket is better than less cricket? :p

What are NZ doing in Dec this year? What are India doing?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tim said:
The bottom line is that it's a cop out Marc. the NZ season doesn't start in Febuary. It can start in late November. They could easily play 5 ODI's within 2 & a half weeks.
You do know that NZ AND India have other engagements in November/December, which is why the series was scheduled in Jan/Feb in the first place, right?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Blaze said:
Maybe the players didn't wanna be crisscrossing the world just before a world cup, juz to play a few ODIs. You guys honestly think that 5 ODIs against INdia on your tracks would be good preparation for the WC? Let a proper tour happen whenever there is time. India are losing out on WC preparation too, seeing how it was our last series before the WC.

I can understand kiwi fans being frustrated at NZ playing very less cricket these days, but that is no reason to rubbish the Indian side or its players, juz like it is no reason for us to rubbish your tracks.