• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Ground has the most exhilarating atmosphere?

howardj

International Coach
LongHopCassidy said:
Everyone goes on about the MCG, but a first day Sydney crowd is bloody loud, too. It could be classed as exhilarating because it's slightly smaller and also because Australia has rarely been on top there in the past five years.
Yeah, Ive been to three - Gabba, MCG and SCG - and the SCG is the best. It's so intimate. The atmosphere is absolutely magnificent.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Karachi National Stadium has an electric feel during the ODI's also its nosiest crowd in the country.

On telly Centurion looks quite an atmosphere if full.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Whoa! Slow down grasshopper.
It may have sounded tasteless and i apologise for that, but this guy is always trashing Pakistan just for the sake of his amusement and getting away with it.
There is a limit to everything.:@

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Xuhaib said:
It may have sounded tasteless and i apologise for that, but this guy is always trashing Pakistan just for the sake of his amusement and getting away with it.
as long as it is amusing i do not see the problem with that.:huh:

C_C

International Captain
Xuhaib said:

I agree that he takes PAK bashing to a whole new ballgame. Rather sad state of affairs we have with so many Indians and Pakistanis taking it to such deplorable depths of slanging matches......hard to immagine that India and Pakistan had one common identity for thousands of years until merely 60 years ago.

PY

International Coach
After reading up on the Kargil War, it's not a particularly suitable comment to be making on an international forum.

Please refrain from reacting any further to trolls as they've been around ages and they win when you bite.

Dixie Flatline

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yep, the MCG has some superb atmosphere, esp. on Boxing Day.

Even outside of the cricket season, the MCG puts together a nice atmosphere. At the Sydney Olympics in 2000, the MCG hosted some of the soccer matches, and I went to see China v USA (IIRC) in the women's, then Spain v Chile in the men's. The noise made by the respective set of supporters, especially the Chileans, was superb.

Josh

International Regular
MCG without a doubt. Not that I've been to a whole heap of other grounds :p but it's the sorta thing that makes the hairs on your neck stand up. Even in footy (AFL) season.