• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricket Gear Thread

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Green Imp said:
Starting nets in a couple of weeks Neil, I'll mention it to the fixtures sec, course remember its a beer, cricket, beer sort of game. Also only play Northern teams on tour:laugh:
Can't promise you too much on the cricket aspect, but as students I'm confident the majority of us fulfil the rest of your requirements... a Wednesday would be good - the alternative Wednesday opponents are generally public schools, and everything gets a little too serious and correspondingly Ponting/Katich-like...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Can't promise you too much on the cricket aspect, but as students I'm confident the majority of us fulfil the rest of your requirements... a Wednesday would be good - the alternative Wednesday opponents are generally public schools, and everything gets a little too serious and correspondingly Ponting/Katich-like...
What Neil's trying to say is

"If you're rubbish, you're on"

Langeveldt

Soutie
Green Imp said:
The Philathropists

Play in Torpoint (Cornwall), although most of the guys live in Plymouth.
Only play friendlies, with a fixture virtually every Sunday. Think they play Wed. evenings as well.

Paul
Wahey! I'm from Menheniot myself! (don't live there any more though) Cricketwebs worst nightmare would be a conference of Cornish people I can imagine..

Green Imp

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
Neil,

If you can make a Wednesday afternoon, I can probably get ateam together from my submarine (and we may be able to travel)
we definateley wouldn't be much good!!!

Green Imp

Cricket Spectator
Langeveldt said:
Wahey! I'm from Menheniot myself! (don't live there any more though) Cricketwebs worst nightmare would be a conference of Cornish people I can imagine..
Having driven past Menheniot thousands of times, is there anything there other than the Hayloft and a couple of farms??

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jack; don't turn into a County shill please. I'd be devastated!

(not that I don't like County.........)

My gear; GN shoes, GN pads, GN gloves, Kookaburra box, MRF Conquerer bat, Slazenger V600 Pro bat.

And helmets *are* for pussies.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
My gear:

Puma Classic 4000 bat (brand new, replaced a Slazenger V800 which broke last week)
Slazenger V800 pads
Gray-Nicolls Matrix gloves
Gray-Nicolls helmet
Kookaburra shoes

danish

U19 12th Man
The kit I currently have is: CA Pro 2000 Bat
CA Pro 2000 pads
CA Pro 2000 gloves
CA Pro 2000 thigh pad
Albion Test Helmet
CA Gold Full spikes

High quality Cricket equipment is unbelieveably cheap in Pakistan- me and my brother got 2 sets of the above from a reputable shop for less than £120.

howardj

International Coach
aussie said:
where did you get your albion test helmet, i want want of those?
Man, get the older style Albion helmet. Those newer style ones look like an ill-fitting space-ship. They really look terrible. Apparently the grill sits further out from your face as well, and that you can sometimes feel it rubbing against your shoulder when you face-up to a delivery.

Top_Cat

Man, get the older style Albion helmet. Those newer style ones look like an ill-fitting space-ship. They really look terrible. Apparently the grill sits further out from your face as well, and that you can sometimes feel it rubbing against your shoulder when you face-up to a delivery.
If it protects your scone better, who gives a crap how they look?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Neil Pickup said:
I've just ordered my first helmet, parents have insisted following the top-edge incident...

Just looks like a fat red cross to me.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
My stuff.

GN GMX Warrior Bat
Kookaburra Diablo Pads and Gloves
Kookaburra Helmet
Old Kookaburra Thigh-pad and Ball
Sunglasses

And for those who like games, let`s play spot the difference...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Top_Cat said:
Jack; don't turn into a County shill please. I'd be devastated!
I'm a Hunts shill :p

County in England is actually Hunts, or "Hunts County". County in Australia is Gray-Nics. That's why Warne uses Gray-Nics stuff when he plays English Domestic Cricket.
And helmets *are* for pussies.
You can say that when you're massive, and everyone's too scared to bounce you in fear of reciprocation...

Top_Cat

I'm a Hunts shill

County in England is actually Hunts, or "Hunts County". County in Australia is Gray-Nics. That's why Warne uses Gray-Nics stuff when he plays English Domestic Cricket.
Well you learn something new every day. Too bad I don't care; I put a greater emotional investment in my sock colours than whatever you said above.

:D

You can say that when you're massive, and everyone's too scared to bounce you in fear of reciprocation...
That's until they see me bowl these days. I think I'd just have to resort to one-man spear-tackles to intimidate because the raw 'speed' just don't cut it anymore. Not playing competitive cricket for 8 years will do that. :)