• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricket Gear Thread

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
at the moment ive got

albion test helmet
kookaburra diablo caprice pads love the knee contour
kookaburra icon gloves
kookaburra kahuna twister le bat
obo p1 stripper pants

Green Imp

Cricket Spectator
Hi Chaps,

Just joined the forum.
38 years old, and have played the odd game over the years. This summer will be the first time I've commited to a full season (before I'm over the hill:laugh: )

Anyhow, borrowed kit last season, and have now ordered kit from the following site

http://www.cricketdirect.co.uk/

Has anyone any experience of this company, the gear has been ordered nearly a month now, no sign of it, no reply to e-mails.
Its obviously a few months to season start, so no mad panic, but it would be nice to know it may arrive one day soon.:@

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Green Imp said:
Hi Chaps,

Just joined the forum.
38 years old, and have played the odd game over the years. This summer will be the first time I've commited to a full season (before I'm over the hill:laugh: )

Anyhow, borrowed kit last season, and have now ordered kit from the following site

Has anyone any experience of this company, the gear has been ordered nearly a month now, no sign of it, no reply to e-mails.
Its obviously a few months to season start, so no mad panic, but it would be nice to know it may arrive one day soon.:@
*Must be civil... must be civil... just because someone's an Argyle fan doesn't mean there's not a decent human being underneath...*

Never heard of Cricket Direct. My latest online dealing was with V Sports Coventry, who gave me a phone call back the following morning and assured me I'd have my helmet within two days. I look forward to receiving it!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
*Must be civil... must be civil... just because someone's an Argyle fan doesn't mean there's not a decent human being underneath
Make the effort, Neil - go the extra yard.

I'm even civil to the Nothingham Florists supporter.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
luckyeddie said:
Make the effort, Neil - go the extra yard.

I'm even civil to the Nothingham Florists supporter.
On that subject - Derby v Leeds. Why can't you be civil enough to one another so that there are enough stewards left over for Burton Albion to play City on the same day? Now we've got a friday night trip to Staffs...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
On that subject - Derby v Leeds. Why can't you be civil enough to one another so that there are enough stewards left over for Burton Albion to play City on the same day? Now we've got a friday night trip to Staffs...
I'm only surprised they haven't called up Chuck Norris yet to roundhouse-kick the Dirty Leeds supporters into some semblance of control.

Green Imp

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
*Must be civil... must be civil... just because someone's an Argyle fan doesn't mean there's not a decent human being underneath...*

QUOTE]

Neil, I see you're from Cleggy, so does that mean you're also a Grimsby fan? (an exiled Imp myself)
There's no need for you not to be civil to a supporter of the professional LEAGUE club from down the road. We take a bit of interest in how the local non;league sides like Tiverton, Exeter and Cullompton get on :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Green Imp said:
Neil, I see you're from Cleggy, so does that mean you're also a Grimsby fan? (an exiled Imp myself)
There's no need for you not to be civil to a supporter of the professional LEAGUE club from down the road. We take a bit of interest in how the local non;league sides like Tiverton, Exeter and Cullompton get on :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ROFL.

This guy will go far.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
As well as finding a different one to lose to in the Devon Bowl every year, yes? Ilfracombe this time, wasn't it?

Enjoy your superiority whilst it lasts...

I never got properly into the Mariners before I started Uni - I look out for their results, and it was most enjoyable ripping my Spurs fan housemate to shreds in September after the Carling Cup debacle.

Are you playing for a club in Cornwall or Devon?

Green Imp

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
Are you playing for a club in Cornwall or Devon?
The Philathropists

Play in Torpoint (Cornwall), although most of the guys live in Plymouth.
Only play friendlies, with a fixture virtually every Sunday. Think they play Wed. evenings as well.

Paul

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Green Imp said:
The Philathropists

Play in Torpoint (Cornwall), although most of the guys live in Plymouth.
Only play friendlies, with a fixture virtually every Sunday. Think they play Wed. evenings as well.

Paul
Reckon they'll fancy hosting the Exeter University 4th XI at any point?

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Green Imp said:
Hi Chaps,

Just joined the forum.

As a matter of fact I have Green Imp. They were quite efficient with me, try phoning them.

Green Imp

Cricket Spectator
Neil Pickup said:
Reckon they'll fancy hosting the Exeter University 4th XI at any point?
Starting nets in a couple of weeks Neil, I'll mention it to the fixtures sec, course remember its a beer, cricket, beer sort of game. Also only play Northern teams on tour:laugh:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Green Imp said:
Starting nets in a couple of weeks Neil, I'll mention it to the fixtures sec, course remember its a beer, cricket, beer sort of game. Also only play Northern teams on tour:laugh:
4th XI uni team...hello!