Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilchrist should retire from ODIs...

Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn
    I assume your picking warne if his available though..

Was funny on inside cricket when they were discussing Warne coming back to play ODI's and BJ is like hey guys what about brad hogg, his figures aren't to bad. But then Mark Waugh completely rejects him by saying "umm well i don't think you can compare the two"

*whistles* well i found it funny..
    I don't think Junior Waugh rates anyone though! - except himself, though he only averaged 41. Good bloke though.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    I don't think Junior Waugh rates anyone though! - except himself, though he only averaged 41. Good bloke though.
    Well how can you compare hogg to warne seriously? have seen him say he rates plenty of players. Great player...ill bring the old cliche out "averages don't tell the whole story"
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Well how can you compare hogg to warne seriously? have seen him say he rates plenty of players. Great player...ill bring the old cliche out "averages don't tell the whole story"
    I agree RE: Hoggy. Just making a general observation about Junior. He is particularly blunt. But it's refreshing to hear some honesty among commentators, rather than them treading on egg-shells all of the time.

And, yeah, Junior was a good package (free-scorer; great in the field; good presence etc). Just that I think his batting was a little over-rated. Still one of my favourite players though.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    I agree RE: Hoggy. Just making a general observation about Junior. He is particularly blunt. But it's refreshing to hear some honesty among commentators, rather than them treading on egg-shells all of the time.

And, yeah, Junior was a good package (free-scorer; great in the field; good presence etc). Just that I think his batting was a little over-rated. Still one of my favourite players though.
    Yeah agree with you on junoir. I hate commentators who are to scared to comment on a player in a negative way simply because they don't want to tread on any toes or hurt someone confidence or something like that.

You should get Junoir's biography if you like him

Yeah agree with you on junoir. I hate commentators who are to scared to comment on a player in a negative way simply because they don't want to tread on any toes or hurt someone confidence or something like that.

You should get Junoir's biography if you like him
    Got it. Written by James Knight. It's great.

Yeah it is

The best Cricket biography i have read though is Steve Waugh's "out of my comfort zone". A great book which reviels alot about members of the team during his team. Also the funny pranks he did are a good laugh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Yeah it is

The best Cricket biography i have read though is Steve Waugh's "out of my comfort zone". A great book which reviels alot about members of the team during his team. Also the funny pranks he did are a good laugh

Yeah, I'm almost finished it. I love how, in high school, he invited everyone in his biology class except the nerd over to his house to watch an X rated movie, only for the left out nerd to tell on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc

Yeah, I'm almost finished it. I love how, in high school, he invited everyone in his biology class except the nerd over to his house to watch an X rated movie, only for the left out nerd to tell on them.
    Yeah And when they let an aussie supporter field for them

Yeah but 41 tells the story of Mark Waugh, that's just too low to ignore. I laughed out loud when he started criticising Lara's technique and batting style on Inside Cricket. Mark Waugh may have been an attractive batsman to watch, but he wasn't a great test match batsman.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Yeah but 41 tells the story of Mark Waugh, that's just too low to ignore. I laughed out loud when he started criticising Lara's technique and batting style on Inside Cricket. Mark Waugh may have been an attractive batsman to watch, but he wasn't a great test match batsman.
    I dont see how Waugh criticising Lara's batting technique is any more or less funny than members here criticising the batting techniques of players like Amla etc.

Whether you can do any better yourself is irrelevant to any observations you make.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    20 test hundreds might say different.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

Yeah it is

Currently in the finishing stages of "Slats - The Michael Slater Story" and it is one of the greatest book I've ever read.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Quote Originally Posted by mavric41
    20 test hundreds might say different.
    And no score greater than 153 also says something...

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Julian also believes a squad of 15-16 should play a cricket match with a baseball style different people batting and bowling.
    shows how much attentionwe should be paying to him does't it?
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Julian also believes a squad of 15-16 should play a cricket match with a baseball style different people batting and bowling.
    I wonder who else here has the guts to admit that (if they do) they would like to see a form of Cricket where throwing is allowed, squads of 15-16 and different batsmen and bowlers. Of course, don't get carried away with the idea that I actually want this. I'm just wondering if anyone else does, and if they do, if they're brave enough to declare it on this forum. Indeed, I make the blasphemous, preposterous suggestion that Cricket take a step backwards and abandon the supersub rule. Also, don't think this is me standing up for Julian.
    Last edited by danish; 19-01-2006 at 02:04 PM.
    Q: What's your favourite animal?
    Steve Waugh: Merv Hughes.

Fred Trueman:

That was a tremendous six, the ball was still in the air as it went over the boundary.
    That's what cricket is all about. Two batsmen pitting their wits against one another.
    Anyone foolish enough to predict the outcome of this match is a fool.
    Unless something happens that we can't predict, I don't think a lot will happen.

Ian Blackwell: It's just understanding foods and what to eat at certain times.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information