• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Under 19 World Cup Thread***

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem for NZ with these tournaments is that they just don't play enough international U19 matches at home & overseas to know what it's all about. Every other country seems to have matches scheduled for their U19's except us so it's easy to see why we struggle at this level of the game.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
aussie said:
oh yes along with india, they look to have a pretty strong side.
If it's one good thing about the WI it's that we have good youth sides who then go to crap when they're too old.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Clarence said:
Anyone know the time diff between Aus and Srilanka?
Depends on where you live -

Sydney/Melbourne - 5 hours ( Day Light saving included)

Adelaide - 4 hours

Perth - 3 hours ??
I think this is correct. (I hope:) )

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
JASON said:
Depends on where you live -

Sydney/Melbourne - 5 hours ( Day Light saving included)

Adelaide - 4 hours

Perth - 3 hours ??
I think this is correct. (I hope:) )
Anybody know what time the Australian match starts?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
mikeW said:
Anybody know what time the Australian match starts?
No idea, sorry.

Just noticed that it's Australia vs South Africa though. Hopefully we'll make it 2 out of 2 tonight.

andyc

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
From TigerCricket.com:

New Zealand U/19 Vs Bangladesh U/19
New Zealand U/19 175//10 Over -45
Bangladesh U/19 118/5 Over -22

andyc

South Africa 7/105. Give Jack a bowl!

Edit: And with that, Jack comes on and starts with a maiden.

thierry henry

International Coach
Looks like Roneel was the only member of the NZ lower order to show any guts with the bat. Then took a catch as Southee picked up 2 early wickets. Go Roneel:cool:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The concern for NZ is that with the batting, only Todd Astle is scoring any runs. The rest of them have been making some pretty average scores.
The bowling seems to be pretty good at times though.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil posted www.tigercricket.com but it hasnt updated in about 20 mins.
Cricinfo have posted the NZ batting scorecard.

I recall Skysports showed the NZ matches against Bangladesh & India on tv a few weeks after the last tournament concluded...but as far as live matches go, I doubt we'll see anything live.